ok so im looking for some new tricks to try on the guitar...hendrix played with his teeth..srv played behind his back..jimmy page with a viloin bow...and a bunch of others did cool tricks that really set them apart in a way...does anybody have any "sensible" ideas of what i could maybe try...any idea of something i could use to play the guitar with...or how i could hold it or w/e...just "anything" different!

im up for anything...thanks
play with your toes
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
InB4playinguitarwithpenis

BEat to it
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Murderface uses his pen15...or you could try using a pick to hit the strings/...kinda abstract I know.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
Man, be creative.

Jimi didn't ask people if he should play with his teeth. He just did it.

First of all, this doesn't matter.

Second, if you really want to find something "cool" to do, you have to make it up yourself. Just think out of the ordinary. But i really don't see what this would have to do with making good music.
yea mikeshawme i read ur post...and ur actually rite...they ddnt ask around (as far as we know)
but cool guitar tricks wont make gud music...im just askin coz cool tricks always gets ppl to say "wow did ya c that" but thanks...vey valuable advice.
Quote by MikeShawMe
Man, be creative.

Jimi didn't ask people if he should play with his teeth. He just did it.

First of all, this doesn't matter.

Second, if you really want to find something "cool" to do, you have to make it up yourself. Just think out of the ordinary. But i really don't see what this would have to do with making good music.

Totally agree with this guy.
I just realised...what the Hell is this doing in Gear and Guitar Accessories?
Shouldn't this be in Guitar Techniques?
how about trying to play with skill? playing cleanly with good technique and good timing?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You could try tapping with your clit ring?

Ha, clit, I bet that comes through just fine on the forums, while **** and **** don't.

I like to do this thing where I use fingers 2 and 4 to move 5ths very rapidly, versus just moving the shape up, with fingers 1 and 3. It can be fun I guess, especially if you like death metal.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
paul gilberts ass arpeggios for the win. BUy a loop pedal and do crazy shit?
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Pull a Michael Angelo Batio. Halfway through a song, rapidly swap from playing with your hand coming around the far side of the neck to going around the top side. Watch his Speed Kills video and you'll see what I'm talking about. Guaranteed instant popularity, so long as you're doing it around people who aren't experienced guitarists. Easiest trick in the book.

I've always wanted to try swapping hands and doing eight finger tapping using my right hand towards the headstock and left towards the bridge. Just for the retardedly complex look. The more moronic and difficult it looks, the more star power you just deployed.

Now rock. Rock until the rock starts rockin the rock on your rockin' rock.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Pull a Michael Angelo Batio. Halfway through a song, rapidly swap from playing with your hand coming around the far side of the neck to going around the top side. Watch his Speed Kills video and you'll see what I'm talking about. Guaranteed instant popularity, so long as you're doing it around people who aren't experienced guitarists. Easiest trick in the book.

I've always wanted to try swapping hands and doing eight finger tapping using my right hand towards the headstock and left towards the bridge. Just for the retardedly complex look. The more moronic and difficult it looks, the more star power you just deployed.

Now rock. Rock until the rock starts rockin the rock on your rockin' rock.

win