I have a white Ibanez RG 350 DX and was wondering what you do to clean your white guitar (if you have one). It is slightly off-white (almost yellowish) from age, I guess. I am tightening up the electronics under the pickguard and where the pickguard covers part of the paint it is way whiter under there. What do I use to clean it and restore it back to its former-glowing glory? I have guitar polish, but that isn't enough.
Quote by In_Black_Flames
I have a white Ibanez RG 350 DX and was wondering what you do to clean your white guitar (if you have one). It is slightly off-white (almost yellowish) from age, I guess. I am tightening up the electronics under the pickguard and where the pickguard covers part of the paint it is way whiter under there. What do I use to clean it and restore it back to its former-glowing glory? I have guitar polish, but that isn't enough.

Don't think you can. Over time the finish ages, it's just one of the things of owning a white/any guitar.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
It's just part of owning a white guitar.
The chemicals from your skin just eat away at the guitars finish.
Just buy some guitar wipe and quickly run that over it every couple of days, that way the acids from your skin don't have enough time to damage your finish.

I don't know how to restore it, but i hope someone posts an idea.
I love white guitars!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I love that aged white color. Especially when it's a Strat aged from cigarette smoke and shit.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Leave it as is! I have a 1990 RG550 in white, it's aged and it's just gorgeous. Worn maple neck too. Mmm. Don't come sweeter than that.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
I think the aged looks sexylicious. But if you dont think that than you could scrape off the paint VERY CAREFULLY and then paint it again. Or maybe you could just paint over as it is.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
I'm thinking about getting my next guitar in white. I wonder if there's any type of air sealed case to preserve it when not being used?
Quote by Jiggity_J
I'm thinking about getting my next guitar in white. I wonder if there's any type of air sealed case to preserve it when not being used?

Like others have said, I think most of the grime comes from your sweat when you play. I don't know if that would help, I just wish I could find some way to make it look better again. I am definitely not repainting it. =\