Should I get a Squier Bullet Strat ($119) or should I get an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. ($129)?
Proud user of Apple hardware!
Old, terrible powertabs

Quote by whoomit
Don't start, or I'll logic you right in the thyroid.
can you spend more or is that your price range? id save up and get a better epi.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
the epi
they make alot better guitars than fender, but like most people say, go by what your ear says
mine says that a js-100 sounds better than epiphone and gibson SGs, but thats just me
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Crohny
can you spend more or is that your price range? id save up and get a better epi.

I just need a knock-around guitar.

And besides, I always wanted a Gibson LP Jr. but couldn't ever afford it.
Proud user of Apple hardware!
Old, terrible powertabs

Quote by whoomit
Don't start, or I'll logic you right in the thyroid.
Quote by 3HitKO
I just need a knock-around guitar.

And besides, I always wanted a Gibson LP Jr. but couldn't ever afford it.

id go with the epi then.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by rushpython
the epi
they make alot better guitars than fender, but like most people say, go by what your ear says
mine says that a js-100 sounds better than epiphone and gibson SGs, but thats just me

That's a silly statement, the first one I mean. It's a sliding scale for both companies, with the top Fenders and Epi's both being great guitars. In fact, a top top top of the line Fender will be better than a top of the line Epi most of the time (Custom Shop, you see).

As for Squier, which is what was mentioned, it's a sliding scale there too. The Classic Vibe series is amazing.

TS - I'd either save for a Classic Vibe Stratocaster, or try to get one of the '57 Limited Epi LP Juniors. They're great.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If you're open to other suggestions I'd say look at an Ibanez rg321. I will never get over how good these guitars are for the price.