Came up with an idea, as much as i like my expensive pedal's, I've decided (i have no idea why) to see what tone i can achieve with a budget board.

Basically, budget to me consists of nothing more than £40-£50, but still has to sound good.

my main board right now consists of a Pro Co Turbo Rat, Boss DD-7, Devi Ever Hyperion, Small Clone Chorus, Boss SD-1, Morley Classic Wah and an EHX Knockout (not all expensive granted, but not exactly considered budget either)

I've started myself off by purchasing a Cool Cat Fuzz (which is now sitting next to my devi hyperion on my main board) and a Behringer VD-400 analog delay (Which is a phenomenal delay for the money tbh, Basically a DM-3 clone). These are the fundamentals of my board.

So what i'ld like to achieve is..

1x Analog Delay (covered)
1x Digital Delay (still needed)
2x OD's (Both still needed, one with more grit than the other and a different flavour)
2x Fuzz (got one, but want another, I like fuzz...)
1x Chorus (still needed)
and 1x Reverb (Still needed)

Really, if i can knock this board together AND it sounds brilliant for under £200, I'ld be a very happy man, And we'll see if that extra money really is worth paying (Wont change everyones opinions on that, but may change opinions on how good some budget pedals are)

Im mainly looking into realy budget company's, not one's that go for cheap on the bay but normally are expensive.

Hopefully when the board is complete i'll get some lovely clips up for you.

Lets see some suggestions!

Joe
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
for od, try a digitech bad monkey or a boss sd-1
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by cliff_em_all

1x Digital Delay (still needed) <-- Used Boss pedal?
2x OD's (Both still needed, one with more grit than the other and a different flavour)
- Bad Monkey
- Dano Transparent OD

- Dano Fuzz (which you have)
- Big Muff Pi (£45 IIRC)

1x Chorus (still needed)
- EHX Small Clone
- Marshall Reflector

Only thing I can't think of is the Digital Delay, maybe a Hardwire, but I'm not sure how much they are.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

hardwire are farrrrr to expensive, and i shall take these suggestions on! Helps that i own an small clone aswell.

I will also be buying the behringer TS clone to compare to the bad monkey i think. Should be making a visit to the bay next weekend so yeah.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

check gumtree for behringer/altec(SP?)
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I've never looked at the so not too sure how much they cost so thought I'd throw it in there.

Delta Lab DD1 for your digital delay. Saw a thread a while back where someone said they were pretty nice.
There's a behringer one as well, but I'm not a massive fan of behringer's delay. I've got the M-FX stompbox and it's a bit shoddy, it's okay I guess but not great.

I'd probably take the Bad monkey over the Behringer just because the build quality seems a bit better.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Boss DD3 for digital delay?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by SimplyBen
Delta Lab DD1 for your digital delay.

I read that the Delay was a bit disappointing, but the OD is supposed to be decent. I meant to try those out, need an OD and delay, but got sidetracked by a 20W Jet City, thing was pretty badass.
Quote by ragingkitty
Boss DD3 for digital delay?

To Expensive mate!
Quote by ZanasCross

marshall echo head delay? £65

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Danelectros are going to be the way to go for this.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Keep em coming for all pedals guys! Im hunting on the bay as we speak..
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all

1x Chorus (still needed)

If you're up for hunting used look for Ibanez Soundtank pedals.. They're plastic but have fantastic circuits... The stereo chorus in particular is a gem, basically a CS9 for peanuts! Same with the TS clone in the series, it's basically a TS9 but for next to no money.. I'm not sure if they did an "SD9" one but if they did that's worth a go too.

And I'd avoid the Bad Monkey, I bought into the hype for a while.. But then I actually opened my ears and compared it to a decent TS styled pedal and the difference was untrue. I couldn't go back to it now, it's too compressed and doesn't let the amp breath enough.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Danelectro!

Motos:
Cant Beat It For The Price & Tone Heaven Since 47!
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Ibanez DE7 for digital delay
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Check out Artec Pedals. They do some pretty awesome budget stuff.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Well, if its not too far out of your price range, pick up a holy grail reverb
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by cliff_em_all
Came up with an idea, as much as i like my expensive pedal's, I've decided (i have no idea why) to see what tone i can achieve with a budget board.

Basically, budget to me consists of nothing more than £40-£50, but still has to sound good.

my main board right now consists of a Pro Co Turbo Rat, Boss DD-7, Devi Ever Hyperion, Small Clone Chorus, Boss SD-1, Morley Classic Wah and an EHX Knockout (not all expensive granted, but not exactly considered budget either)

I've started myself off by purchasing a Cool Cat Fuzz (which is now sitting next to my devi hyperion on my main board) and a Behringer VD-400 analog delay (Which is a phenomenal delay for the money tbh, Basically a DM-3 clone). These are the fundamentals of my board.

So what i'ld like to achieve is..

1x Chorus (still needed)

Really, if i can knock this board together AND it sounds brilliant for under £200, I'ld be a very happy man, And we'll see if that extra money really is worth paying (Wont change everyones opinions on that, but may change opinions on how good some budget pedals are)

Im mainly looking into realy budget company's, not one's that go for cheap on the bay but normally are expensive.

Hopefully when the board is complete i'll get some lovely clips up for you.

Lets see some suggestions!

Joe

A major component of getting gear on at a low price is persistence, lowballing, and more persistence.
Watch Music Radar for good deals. Watch eBay.

You should be able to find a Line 6 Verbzilla and an EHX Small Clone for a good price eventually.
For digital delay, I'd +1 to the Ibanez DE7. And doesn't Dano make a Cool Cat Chorus? I'd also recommend their Transparent OD V1 - it's great.
biyang (if you're willing to chance the reliability)
daphon (some of their pedals are decent; some are crap- if you keep an eye on ebay you can often get them, new, for under £20)
danelectro cool cat (haven't tried, hear good things)
made by mike (ditto the danos- they're more boutique at a good price, though)
artec and belcat might be worth a look, but again, i haven't tried them
tonerider is nice, at £60 each, though, it's touch and go if you can afford it. The chorus is very nice, though, and i hear their other pedals are, too.

also listen to powerfreak
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Biyang delays are ok, apparently.

...Apparently
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Cameron's movies have the creativity and quality of a potato with chlamydia.

Quote by Absent Mind
Lady GaGa is rare but would you pay money for her?

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12