Which should I buy?

Also should I get one with or without the Floyd Rose? (I've never had a guitar with one before)

Both are sick, but the main difference is the pickups, the Hellraiser has EMG 81's and the BlackJack has Seymour Duncan Blackouts
I like the blackouts more than EMG 81s
But that's just me.

Also, the FR is really a question of preference. It's also a pain to restring, but you get used to it.

Your best bet is to play both, and see which sound you like best. If you don't have access to those specific guitars, try going to your local shop and try out guitars with the same pickups and possibly (and preferably) same type of wood. Like this, you'll be able to hear which guitar suits your musical needs more.
Only get a Floyd Rose guitar if you're actually going to use a tremolo a lot. Most people don't so they forgo FR's.

They are more complicated than fixed-bridge guitars but then again, they aren't as hard-to-use as some people make them out to be. In fact, you can buy a Tremol-No or just get a trem-blocker and have much of the functionality of a fixed-bridge.

Like I said, it's all a matter of preference.

I own a Blackjack C1 ATX FR and it's the best guitar I've owned yet. Feels extremely solid, can take a beating and most importantly, sounds fantastic.

IMO, Blackouts are better than EMG's in nearly every way. My vote is for the Blackjack.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Do you have a solid state amp? Do you need good cleans?

If the answer to both of those was yes, then get the BlackJack. I'm not an active pickup man myself..
If you've never had a Floyd before, be warned. You can't switch tunings in an instant anymore, so if you're constantly changing tunings I'd stay away from it unless you're really interesting in doing dive bombs or other timeless stunts.

I have a Line 6 Spider Valve so good cleans shouldn't be too much of a problem...

And I do change tunings quite often, so that's discouraging to the Floyd Rose, but I think I want one to get those real good pitch squeels (dive bombs are nice too)
Quote by )(yperX
Only get a Floyd Rose guitar if you're actually going to use a tremolo a lot. Most people don't so they forgo FR's.

They are more complicated than fixed-bridge guitars but then again, they aren't as hard-to-use as some people make them out to be. In fact, you can buy a Tremol-No or just get a trem-blocker and have much of the functionality of a fixed-bridge.

Like I said, it's all a matter of preference.

I own a Blackjack C1 ATX FR and it's the best guitar I've owned yet. Feels extremely solid, can take a beating and most importantly, sounds fantastic.

IMO, Blackouts are better than EMG's in nearly every way. My vote is for the Blackjack.

Yeah, the Blackouts seem to be the popular vote. I've done my research and everyone seems to love them, so right now I'm gunna lean toward the BlackJack.

But the question of the Floyd Rose is still bugging me, it seems to be like a really cool thing to have (I need to go try a guitar with one) then I'll really be able to see if I want one or not. But the issue of changing tunings and restringing sounds like a real pain in the ass.

But doesn't the Floyd Rose keep you in tune really well? Like if you want to have low gauge strings but with low tunings like drop B flat?
Well, depends what your playing. The EMG 89 on the Hellraiser is apparently more versatile than the 81+85, but also gives that same amount of an active push on the amp.

Well, screw that bull, lets get to the statistics.

They are both very similiar guitars, personally, niether, I disliked the Schecter at the store, but, lets keep going...

The floyd isn't as bad, honestly, its got the fine tuners and the tuners, fine tuners are for E-Drop D and back kind of a change, which IS quicker, however for big changes like E-B that might take some time.... but I'd rather do it on the guitar with a floyd. Because then I don't fiddle around with my arm getting numb for half an hour....

So, the EMG Vs Blackout argument.... probably the Blackouts because they take away less of all those tonal options your paying for (wood ect).

So, overall what have we decided on? An ESP with Duncans.

=D
I had to make the same decison earlier and chose the ATX over the Hellraiser and couldn't be happier. The blackouts slay emg's, the ebony fretboard is really nice and the neck with the satin finish is way faster than the slower glossy neck on the hellraiser.

ATX ftw
Quote by SG-RiffMaster7
Yeah, the Blackouts seem to be the popular vote. I've done my research and everyone seems to love them, so right now I'm gunna lean toward the BlackJack.

But the question of the Floyd Rose is still bugging me, it seems to be like a really cool thing to have (I need to go try a guitar with one) then I'll really be able to see if I want one or not. But the issue of changing tunings and restringing sounds like a real pain in the ass.

But doesn't the Floyd Rose keep you in tune really well? Like if you want to have low gauge strings but with low tunings like drop B flat?

At first I was skeptical about the FR too.

But like I said earlier, you can install a Tremol-No or trem-blocker and they will allow you to easily change tunings. They also allow you to change strings like you would any fixed-bridge guitar.
IMO, they are an absolute MUST for any FR owner.

Either way they hold tune well and low tunings fine.
Oooh that's an awesome point, I hate necks like that.

I just wished that the ATX looked as good as the Hellraiser, which would be the only reason for me to get the Hellraiser now is just that, looks.
Quote by )(yperX
At first I was skeptical about the FR too.

But like I said earlier, you can install a Tremol-No or trem-blocker and they will allow you to easily change tunings. They also allow you to change strings like you would any fixed-bridge guitar.
IMO, they are an absolute MUST for any FR owner.

Either way they hold tune well and low tunings fine.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the BlackJack C-1 ATX FR then.

I know my local guitar shop is a Schecter dealer, I just don't know if they have the ATX FR. I hope to hell that they do cuz I wanna try it out.
would the blackouts plug in the same as the emgs or I have to rewire it?
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
I believe it's the same but don't quote me on it.

Email Seymour Duncan to be sure.