Fairly indifferent.
19 13%
I don't like it.
18 13%
Hate it!
35 24%
Voters: 144.
Page 1 of 2
I personally love it. Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters singing Christmas songs becomes my favorite album around this time of year.
Weezer's christmas album is also great, I strongly suggest you check it out if you haven't heard it.
So pit, what are your thoughts on Christmas music? Any favorite songs/artists/albums? Or do you despise the whole notion of a holiday getting its own virtual genre?
Poll will be up in a second.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Last edited by =w=eeze at Dec 3, 2009,
I listen to this album alot around Christmas time :

Although I feel Xmas has ruined Fairytale of New York for me ... it has begun to grate now ._.
i'm jewish and indifferent to chrismas music. It's very poppy while our music is acient hardcore without the screaming

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I never used to mind it. But once I got a job at a store who plays ONLY Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving on through December, I hate it with a firey passion now.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
The only Christmas tunes I like are from Gary Hoey's "Ho Ho Hoey" discs.

JEWEDIT: Oh yeah, and TSO
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Last edited by guitarsftw at Dec 3, 2009,
Most Christmas music makes me rage, with the exceptions of The Killers' christmas songs, and August Burns Red's.
I love christmas songs, except for the little drummer boy. They get me really excited for the holiday that isn't really all that exciting.
JAMC
I love Carol of the Bells, and some "winter" songs. Like let it snow, baby it's cold outside, etc. Other than that I'm sort of indifferent. Thrice's, August Burns Red's, Transiberian Orchestra's, and a UGer's(idk who it is, but it is in their sig) cover of carol of the bells are awesome.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
I chose 'it's okay' because, while I do like a few of them (I love Fairytale of New York), I hate others (the "Santa baby" one, whatever that's called, and I despise that 'All I want for christmas is my two front teeth' thing)
i aint of no scrooge, i of like to listen to christmas music of be
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by freedoms_stain
I like The Smashing Pumpkins "Christmas Time" but that's about it.

THIS. And the Killer's "A Great Big Sled."
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
I think it's ok, but I hate the deluge of it that starts on Nov. 1. Hearing the same 20 songs over and over sucks.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think it's ok, but I hate the deluge of it that starts on Nov. 1. Hearing the same 20 songs over and over sucks.
I remember working in a greeting card shop, twas 2003 I believe, they had 1 Christmas CD they played on a loop. Nightmare.
I worked in a retail store, 10-11 hours a day,6 days a week and they played a 2 hour loop tape of Christmas music. You would start humming the next song before it started. They were not very good versions, think muzac. I never recovered from that.
Yeah I love Christmas music.
The best is medieval Christmas music.
But I don't like super-commercialized cheesy modern versions of classic carols.
MATTERHORN
it just gets kind of old, ya know
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
It gets really repetitive. But it is definitely much happier then all the screamo and hard rock. A lot more joy in it instead of growling at everyone.
But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.
~Buddy Rich~
I'm seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra tomorrow!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
I'm seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra tomorrow!

Okay that is an exception to its ok. With them it is SO COOL
But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.
~Buddy Rich~
I listened to A Charlie Brown Christmas again today. Vince Guaraldi was a really underrated player. I mean, he wasn't exactly Bill Evans, but he was still pretty good.
I like it. It puts me in a cheerful mood.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by thelurker

This picture is the best representation of my feelings towards Christmas music.

Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I love Christmas music.
The best is medieval Christmas music.
But I don't like super-commercialized cheesy modern versions of classic carols.

medieval christmas music would have existed seeing as the church stirctly forbid instruments during mass or anything till about the late baroque period. vocal only medieval christmas music? yes maybe... but anything with accompaniment is a no

anyways i like the john lennon one, the smashing pumkins one, and the norah jones/ barenaked ladies one
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Dec 4, 2009,
I absolutley hate it. Annoyingly happy music, that is just creepily surreal.
But I've been in a shitty mood, so I might change my mind if I'd feel better.
Page 1 of 2