im trying to replace my humbucker in my bc rich warlock, i dont know what kind of warlock it is, its different from the bronze series but it is much crappier made. i got a free dimarzio humbucker from my friend who replaced it in his guitar with EMGs. the dimarzio was in a 2 pickup set, and my guitar only uses one. im using the original warlock volume knob as well, i dont have a tone knob. the problem is that my sound comes in weak and muted. i know the dimarzio was sharp and had alot of presence in my friends guitar, and even my old crappy warlock pickup was sharper than my new setup. is this simply because i cant just use 1 of the dimarzio's? or is it a wiring issue?
Peavey Raptor Plus <---- No Hope
B.C. Rich Warlock <---- Still Working on It
Sierra Ventura Acoustic\Electric <---- Very Nice
Ibanez RG7321 <---- Awesome
Jackson RR3 <---- YES
no, you can definitely mix and match pickups. so its most likely some sort of wiring problem. Unfortunately, I do not have the expertise in wiring to tell you what that is, someone on the forum will though.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
yea, ill be the first to tell you its a crappy guitar, but my only other guitars are a peavey that is worse and a seven string ibanez, so i figured i might as well replace the pickup if i can for free
Peavey Raptor Plus <---- No Hope
B.C. Rich Warlock <---- Still Working on It
Sierra Ventura Acoustic\Electric <---- Very Nice
Ibanez RG7321 <---- Awesome
Jackson RR3 <---- YES