Currently, I have a PRS Tremonti USA model and I'm wanting to define my own sound, not rely on someone else's. So, I've decided I'm going to change out the pups. Anyone have any feedback on Seymour Custom Customs? Or any other suggestions?
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Wanna define your own sound, why use a pickup everyone can buy? Wind your own. Then learn how to play differently from everyone else.
thin slice o skin
what kind of sound are you going for? what amp are you using? price range?

(I actually wouldn't be able to help anyways, but these are the questions the people who can help will ask)
Quote by jimoc1964
Wanna define your own sound, why use a pickup everyone can buy? Wind your own. Then learn how to play differently from everyone else.

Quote by jimoc1964

I'm sure my wife will love me working 18 hours and then coming home to wind my own pups.

In all seriousness, I'd love to be able to wind my own, it's just I have time enough to play 30-45 minutes, eat, shower, sleep, before work the next day.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
if you want to define your own sound, it would probably be better to work with someone to get something that you want. there are guys out there that will talk to you and then wind pickups that fit with the sound you are looking for. the guy at bare knuckles comes to mind, as does Cord from Rock Monkey Guitars. there are others out there, but those are two people/companies who i know do a solid job of getting their customers exactly what they want.

as for winding your own pickup, thats actually not a really good idea if you dont know what you are doing. if you want to put the time and effort in to learn how to do it, go for it. but for a one shot thing, not worth it really.
Thanks for the tip!
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B