Okay guys, I'm looking for a simple interface to plug into my computer so I can record myself. I plan on just running the mic into the interface, and the interface into my computer, and then I'll record it with Audacity.

So, suggest me a good interface. I was thinking the Line 6 POD Studio UX2, but if there is something better/simpler/cheaper, let me know
UX2 is pretty good. also take a look at the Presonus AudioBox and the M-Audio Fast Track.
Would you say that anyone one of them is better than the other, or are they all pretty much equal?
With the POD stuff like the UX2 you get Gearbox as well so you have amp modelling and an interface. Where as The other 2 I believe are just interfaces.
Quote by jailedmenonly
With the POD stuff like the UX2 you get Gearbox as well so you have amp modelling and an interface. Where as The other 2 I believe are just interfaces.

All I really need is just the interface, so I may just go with one of them then.
Quote by muckypup
If all you want is an interface, I'm sure that there are cheaper choices then. You could even get the Behringer interface, its only about £40!

Is it of quality though? I don't want something cheap (not the price, but you know what I mean). I'm willing to pay up to $200 for something that has good quality.

That, and hasn't Behringer always been known to be kind of "meh'?
Presonus Audiobox or Presonus Firesduio Mobile (i think it was 200 somewhere).

Audiobox is USB 2.0
the other one is FIREWIRE.
I dont know how bad you need an actual interface but I record to sonar with a small behringer mixer plugged rite into the sound card. its cheap and you can record with multiple mics/guitars etc. you can monitor straight from the mixer but if you use effects from the software you wont be able to hear them by monitoring from the mixer. Hope this helps you as much as it has me
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
simple and straight forward {it doesnt have to be a behringer mixer} just happens to be one of the cheapest. {about 40$}
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
Last edited by krustshred at Dec 29, 2009,
A little late there, guys.

I already have the Shure SM57 and the M-Audio Fasttrack sitting by my amp.