My band recently got rid of our keys player, and for the sake of keeping things simple, decided not to get another. That being said, we still want keys in our songs so we decided that since we're recording our whole set in a few weeks, we could just get the keys tracks by themselves on a laptop, and play with them.

I know that sky eats airplane does this, and asking alexandria does as well but i had a few concerns. 1) Keeping on time with the tracks. and 2) Quality. Should we use a laptop, or could we use an ipod? Ive seen a local band have their backing tracks on an ipod, and i'd rather not bring my mac to every show.

Thanks in advance! ^.^
You can use an iPod, but you'll want to talk with the sound guy at your gigs, and bring along a male 1/8" to male 1/8" cable and a female 1/8" to male 1/4" adaptor.

Make sure that the backing track is good quality - a wav file at 1,411kbps (CD quality) would be ideal.
Quote by blue_strat
You can use an iPod, but you'll want to talk with the sound guy at your gigs, and bring along a male 1/8" to male 1/8" cable and a female 1/8" to male 1/4" adaptor.

Make sure that the backing track is good quality - a wav file at 1,411kbps (CD quality) would be ideal.

cant put wav files on an ipod without converting (which will bring it down to like 300 kbps) so that won't work
Quote by JayLacelle
cant put wav files on an ipod without converting (which will bring it down to like 300 kbps) so that won't work

You can put wav files on an iPod - I've got loads on mine, just using iTunes.
Quote by blue_strat
You can put wav files on an iPod - I've got loads on mine, just using iTunes.

thats not what i said. i said you can't get CD quality wav files on your ipod. you can get wavs but only at equal or less than mp3 quality.
Quote by JayLacelle
thats not what i said. i said you can't get CD quality wav files on your ipod. you can get wavs but only at equal or less than mp3 quality.

No, mine are at 1,411kbps. Why would you think that, lol?