I have a few question about tone on my 5150

I need some new power and pre amp tubes soon, should I get it biased and and there different types of biasing as in for getting different tones?

also, I have a really shitty cab, I was thinking of getting a mesa stiletto cab, they supposedly have a tight sound, which I need for my low tunings. Is this a good idea or just my own preferance?

lastly, I don't know what guitar to get, I want a neck through guitar with a trem and no paint, just the wood with finish on it, and the humbuckers that come on the schecter c-1 classic, they sound amazing with distortion.

any help appreciated
thanks
Stilettos have a tight low end, yeah.

Tubes should be biased so they're not too cold and not too hot. It could mean they die faster and I think colder tubes = way less headroom.

Could try getting something like DiMarzio Crunch Lab in the bridge. That has pretty cool distortion.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
5150 has no bias adjustment.

Only way to "adjust" is modifying it to include a bias pot, which frankly, I recommend, but that's tech work, and not needed until you're unhappy with stock tube tones.
5150's/6505's do not have a real adjustable bias stock. And they are sent from the factory with an extremely cold bias.

I highly recommend you get yours biased modded or an adjustable bias installed. A properly biased 5150/6505 with quality tubes sounds worlds better than a stock one.

I can't recommend FJA enough for this: www.FJAMods.com

For cabs, you'd love a VHT/Fryette Fatbottom, Mesa, and my #1 pick: Vader (perfect for metal, low tunings and matches perfectly with 5150's/6505's).
Last edited by )(yperX at Dec 4, 2009,
No offense, but having your amp sent to FJA just for a bias mod is a waste of money.

Any decent tech can do it, hell anyone who knows how to somewhat use a soldering iron can do it...

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/peavey/modnotes/fja_5150_bias_mod.pdf
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Heh I would never send an amp to FJA just for an adjustable bias.

But yeah, it's definitely worth asking your local tech.