(pun intended)

So i just started playing bass around 2 months ago. i got a cheap bass from one of my friends to learn on. but i guess the neck is only 30 inches or somethin. but one of my other friends wants me to be in a band but il be using his which is most likey 34 inches.

so i was jsut wondering if it would be any harder to play? and if so how much harder?
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
It will be harder, but the difference shouldn't be significant. You may need some to redo some muscle memory with fret distances, and the tension will require marginally more strength, but you're probably good.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
I ended with two basses in the past two weeks basically for free. I never played bass before and have been playing around with guitar for the past 8 months or so. One of them is a normal size bass and I've been playing with it for the past two weeks. Today, I finally got strings for the other one, which is a short scale bass so I finally got the play it. I have a fairly light gauge strings on it, 40-96's. The full scale one has 46-106's. Wow, what a difference. I was having a hard time with the full scale one. A lot farther to stretch on frets, harder to press. On the short scale one, I can play it more like a guitar. They are a bit different to get used to. Theorywise and style wise, it will be the same. But there will be some adjustment.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
yea its just something to get used to, id stop playing the smaller one and use the longer one

honestly you wont even notice after a week
There will be some adjustment, but if you just take your time and think about what you're doing, you'll be fine.

Incidentally, most basses, including all of the mid-to-upper quality basses, are 34" or 35". The 30" is more like a guitar, but I don't really think that's a good thing...
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
I suppose if you spent a really significant time playing on only a short scale (30"), then playing a long scale (34" or 35") might feel a bit awkward, but its not really that hard to adjust at all. Should only take you a practice session or two, if that to get used to
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
it's not as hard as people think.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The only reason to own a short scale is based on tone. Period.

Even with smaller hands, you can manage to play a full scale bass with out an issue.