I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so I figure here is best. So there is this club near where I live called The Black Sheep and I may play with my band in it soon (kind of). Now I was wondering if you all could suggest a song for us to open with. I'm hoping to find one that’s pretty recognizable for us to cover to get the crowd interested before we play original stuff. We play metal/metalcore/hard rock/ anything similar.

Could you all recommend some mildly difficult songs as an icebreaker for us since it is our first gig? Something not drooling easy, a little more difficult that Psychosocial by Slipknot (solo not being included into difficulty.) Any suggestions of a similar or slightly harder known song to play?
^^ I can only do the tapping part lol, I'm not even gonna pretend I could do the whole solo
Well thats what I'm looking for. A easily recognizable song to play to have the crowd interested that isn't to hard considering it will be our first time in front of people other than friends/family.
play happy birthday and have a naked chick pop out of a cake. everyone will love you.
Quote by GrisKy
play happy birthday and have a naked chick pop out of a cake. everyone will love you.

Lol this one sounds good!
hard song =/= good song

easy song =/= bad song

song that accomplishes whatever goal that particular part of set should fulfill = good song

in this case getting the crowd into it right off. Something up beat and relatively short that will showcase the rocker side of your set. Not your most rockin song, don't want to use that up right away.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I'm having a psychic vision...axeman...AlanHB...mod...sticky...a padlock...it's gone.

I didn't "report" you. I don't do that, but if things go the way they usually do, closure is in your future.
Quote by chokmool
I'm having a psychic vision...axeman...AlanHB...mod...sticky...a padlock...it's gone.

I didn't "report" you. I don't do that, but if things go the way they usually do, closure is in your future.

Wow, we must be linked telepathically

linky: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290962
Quote by chokmool

The truth has spoken! All praise the link provided by shadow above!
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud