Poll: Which guitar is better for heavy metal
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar is better for heavy metal
EC1000
15 79%
Epiphone Prophecy EX
4 21%
Voters: 19.
Ok, so I was very keen on the EC1000 for a long time and then i realised that the prophecy EX is pretty much the same. I have not played an EC1000 but i have played an Epi Midnight with EMGS and it was fantastic. I'm sure you know there is a difference between a les paul and any other guitar in the fact that you can feel the power of it. I am in a metalcore/deathcore kinda band and I see alot of bands using the EC1000. I don't mind the weight of a les paul at all but i want to know, Is the EC1000 really all that better or does ESP just sponsor every band so people like me think that they are the best haha.

Thanks!!!
Quote by Drapte
Ok, so I was very keen on the EC1000 for a long time and then i realised that the prophecy EX is pretty much the same. I have not played an EC1000 but i have played an Epi Midnight with EMGS and it was fantastic. I'm sure you know there is a difference between a les paul and any other guitar in the fact that you can feel the power of it. I am in a metalcore/deathcore kinda band and I see alot of bands using the EC1000. I don't mind the weight of a les paul at all but i want to know, Is the EC1000 really all that better or does ESP just sponsor every band so people like me think that they are the best haha.

Thanks!!!

The EC1000 is lighter, thinner, has a thinner neck, and sharper styling. If that's what you like it is better; if the opposite of those is what you like the Epiphone is better suited for you.

I think they're of equal quality (sound/makeup) so it's just which of those "feelings" you'd prefer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by chuckmehh
The EC1000 is lighter, thinner, has a thinner neck, and sharper styling. If that's what you like it is better; if the opposite of those is what you like the Epiphone is better suited for you.

I think they're of equal quality (sound/makeup) so it's just which of those "feelings" you'd prefer.

So is the prophecy going to give me a heavier darker tone?
Quote by Drapte

No. There won't be that much difference between the two. Personally either one is good, I'd probably go with the ESP
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Drapte

Not really. Active pickups seem to take away from the wood of the guitar in my opinion. An EMG 81 sounds like an EMG 81 in any guitar if that makes sense. I'm sure some of you disagree but I generally find that to be the case.

I would go with either one to be honest and be very very happy
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
Not really. Active pickups seem to take away from the wood of the guitar in my opinion. An EMG 81 sounds like an EMG 81 in any guitar if that makes sense. I'm sure some of you disagree but I generally find that to be the case.

I had a Les Paul with the ZK Set of EMGs in it, and also had a low-end Ibanez with the same exact set, and the Les Paul blew it completely it out of the water.
Quote by beatnik25
I had a Les Paul with the ZK Set of EMGs in it, and also had a low-end Ibanez with the same exact set, and the Les Paul blew it completely it out of the water.

Like I said...some of you will disagree hahah I just said that's what I've found from personal experience. That's not saying every guitar with EMGs will play/feel the same, just that tonally they will be the same in my opinion
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables