does anyone know if there are any specialty stands made for double neck guitars? (other than the stands that haven't got the neck support) ive got an EDS-1275, and Whenever i'm not playing it i keep it in it's case because i've got nowhere to put it, and i'd love to be able to display it.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 4, 2009,
Yea I wonder about this too.. I was thinking you might have to put 2 wall hangers on and measure them, but if your off a little, then the necks would be uneven and it might break.. Mine just sits in my case too, it sucks.. :/
could you not just put two stands side by side?
or get two of the wall hangers and if you place them properly, im sure you could put one of the necks in one and the other in the second without a problem
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q
Quote by matthew66613
could you not just put two stands side by side?
or get two of the wall hangers and if you place them properly, im sure you could put one of the necks in one and the other in the second without a problem

the stands side by side is very unstable. its expensive as hell and if something were to happen to it there's just no way i could buy another one. also the wall hangers would have to be perfectly measured out, and even if they were, wall studs are not that close together, it would rip right out of the wall.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the stands side by side is very unstable. its expensive as hell and if something were to happen to it there's just no way i could buy another one. also the wall hangers would have to be perfectly measured out, and even if they were, wall studs are not that close together, it would rip right out of the wall.

two very good points didnt really think that all the way through >.<
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q
Yea that's true.. The double neck stand in my local music shop is a sideways one (guitar is at an angle), so I think that's the only option aside from a stand that goes on the ground.
I saw a video and it just had the 12 string neck on the neck support of a regular guitar stand, the 6 string neck wasn't on anything, and it looked sturdy enough.
Quote by Jason43
A-frame stand.

that's what i meant by "stand with no neck support"

i'd definitely prefer to have some support on the necks. but then again, if there aren't any specialty stands, one of these will have to do.
Yea but with the a frame stand, since the guitar is like twice as heavy, it might fall back, no?

Also, LT, what kind you got? I got a white SG 12/6. (some no name KTONE, sounds decent enough for only having paid $400)
Last edited by naedauuf at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by naedauuf
Yea but with the a frame stand, since the guitar is like twice as heavy, it might fall back, no?

Also, LT, what kind you got? I got a white SG 12/6. (some no name KTONE, sounds decent enough for only having paid $400)

yeah thats what my concern is. they're VERY neck heavy.

and mine is a gibson eds-1275. theres pics of it on my profile if you want to see it.
Now you've got me thinking about stands for my double neck lol.. I always hate leaving the case open just sitting there to show it off..

I think the best bet is a normal stand an some sort of bracing against the wall so it doesn't fall back..
You will probably have to build one yourself. I don't know of anyone who makes a stand specifically for a doubleneck guitar.
Get two wall racks/ hangers and position them on the wall where you can hang both headstocks.

That is if both necks have the same scale length.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I've never had any problems with an A-frame stand. You can use a standard stand and bend the "U" shaped part that supports the neck open so that it's wide enough to hold both necks. I did that for a while. You have to rig something up so that the guitar doesn't slide off to the sides though.
Screw a board to the studs in the wall, and screw the two hangers to the board. Wall mounted guitar stands are wide enough to give you some wiggle room, and they don't have to be exactly perfect. They're wide and foam padded for a reason ;]
Quote by genghisgandhi
make the bass more bassy

Quote by grohl1987
You really like input jacks, don't you?

My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Greg Bennett Acoustic
Epiphone G-1275
plexi display case on the wall. a nice doubleneck looks great on the wall in a case.

go big or go home.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yup, a-frame stand.
I used it to hold my old steinberger.
Worked fine.
(although, get one made for electrics, this was an acoustic I had to ziptie towels onto to hold the funky shape...)