So I have a morbid fear of mice, rats, any rodent really. Not just a fear though it's worse the thought or even sight of a picture raises my heart rate and puts me under immediate anxiety. This usually isn't an issue, but it's winter and we have mice in our house. I saw one in my room today. I flipped out. now I can't sleep. Hell I can't even get up to go to te bathroom.
Could anyone tell me what todo? Would a psychriatrist help at all? This is terrible.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
If even the very thought of mice terrifies you and impedes your ability to live normally, you may have a specific phobia of rodents (musophobia). There are very effective therapies for phobias.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Dec 4, 2009,

look how cute he is! how can you be afraid of that cute little guy.

and yes a psychiatrist would help, that's their job. this is an irrational fear (phobia) any therapy usually helps these a lot.
Bring the elephants in to sort the problem. Oh wait..

Well apparently the best way to overcome such a thing would be to be in the vicinity of said rodents & maybe hold them for awhile and such. I used to be very arachnaphobic[sp?] but it slowly eased off over awhile when I just let a spider stay in my room instead of panicking and killing it. It's no doubt a really hard thing to do though. It'll either work or it won't.
Dress up as a mouse trap.

EDIT:
Last edited by AfroVic at Dec 4, 2009,
I don't have any phobias so i can't relate, so instead of calling you a pussy i think therapy would be a good choice it it really starts bothering you. That shit wouldn't go away a therapist could help get over or lessen the fear.

Other than that i suggest that yer grow sum ballz and man up, bitch.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Is that mouse sporting an earing? Oh they aren't mice in your house the are Squirrels miniutre squirrels with hairless tails, but not miceses...

Delude yourself in whatever way you can, thats what the rest of us do...

James
get a snake....unless ur afraid of those too
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
you should do what Batman did but instead of becoming Batman you should become Miceman
Ha...I just watched Patch Adams the other day, and you remind me of the guy in the mental hospital who hallucinates squirrels that are trying to get him, so he doesn't leave his bed.

That was completely irrelevant, but kind of relevant at the same time. If that makes sense
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by catalan123
you should do what Batman did but instead of becoming Batman you should become Miceman

I don't know why, but that totally just made me remember the Rat King from Hey Arnold!

*nostalgiagasm*
Quote by deanfreak93
Would a psychiatrist help at all?
As someone who's the son of a psychiatrist, I feel qualified to answer this. The answer is yes. Many of my dad's patients have phobias like this. They talk to my dad, get some lil pills, and proceed to live normal lives (as long as they stay on their prescription & don't get drunk/high often). So, schedule a visit to your local shrink. Most of em are actually quite good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia#Treatments

So, yes, there's lots a psychologist might do. But go to a psychologist first, not a psychiatrist, as the former can't prescribe you pills that are probably not worth the side effects for this, making it much more likely for the latter to be a lazy ass who does so.

(SteveHouse respects all psychological professionals and does not intend the above to be a blanket statement in any way, shape, or form; however, there are bad apples out there and better safe than sorry. The above may not be reproduced, displayed, or disseminated without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

get one as a pet, then you'll see how tiny, cute and harmless they are.

then it will get loose, contract herpies and bite you while you sleep...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
It takes one hundred mice to harm one human severely.

However, it takes one human to obliterate one hundred mice.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
TS, are you an elephant by chance?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by catalan123

Worst superhero ever.

"I have no discernible powers, but I am a mild annoyance and may chew through your electrical cables every now and again."

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by JilaX^

You mean like this?

What's with the rat?

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Worst superhero ever.

"I have no discernible powers, but I am a mild annoyance and may chew through your electrical cables every now and again."

You're forgetting the hantavirus.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Dec 4, 2009,
LOL ur a f@ggot ololololo

just kidding, but maybe ask your parents to get the place sprayed for rodents and stuff?
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Worst superhero ever.

"My fleas carry the bubonic plague! Beware!"
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Ratman!!!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Worst superhero ever.

Like batman is a more fear inspiring concept.

"I have no discernible powers, but I am a mild annoyance and may occasionally fly near your head (as I am blind for all intents and purposes)."
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.