I've been playing bass for two years now, and seeing that Christmas is approaching, I've decided to ditch my old Squire P-Bass.

After shopping around for basses, I've narrowed my selection down to two choices (disregard the price differences and looks).

Note that I play pretty much any genre of music, though I lean a little towards the metal genre. Thanks for your help =).

Bass One: http://www.music123.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Custom-4-Bass-513049-i1147947.Music123

Bass Two: http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SR400QM-Electric-Bass-511825-i1172538.Music123
i find Ibanez basses to be garbage, no offence to whoever plays/likes them, but that my opinion and therefore go with schecter or even esp
Destroy. Erase. Improve.

I am.
The Ibby has a better preamp, but the Schecter has better pickups...your call on that one.

I personally like the look and feel of Schecter stuff more that Ibanez. The satin finishes they use on stilettos are just amazing.
Nope, no sig here.
Yeah I personally LOVE the way the Schecter looks too =).

Thanks for the replies.
Schecter

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I had an ibanez SR300M and I hated the pickups so now I have a schecter that sounds better so I would say get the schecter, it seems like you can get a wider varity of sounds because the pckups are better.
Personally, I'd take the Ibanez in a heartbeat.

You really need to try both out for yourself. Some people (myself included) can't stand the way Schecter's feel, and some people don't like Ibanez's.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
the Ibanez is better, IMO.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
yeah, I personally LOVE the ibanez. I find the pickups to be quite versatile, especially so if you have a good amp.
"The bass player is the guy in the band that generally has the biggest penis" - Les Claypool
Quote by winnipegbassist
i find Ibanez basses to be garbage

What??
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Quote by cm261
What??

That's what I was thinking. Even my GSR200 doesn't sound half bad through a decent amp.

I own a Schecter Elite and love it but I also love Ibanez. Go try them out, both are great basses.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I recommend the Schecter. I had an Ibanez SR, but immediately sold it upon discovering my Stiletto. Not to say Ibanez makes a bad product, but Schecters are just great basses.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by winnipegbassist
i find Ibanez basses to be garbage, no offence to whoever plays/likes them, but that my opinion and therefore go with schecter or even esp
I disagree. I think Ibanez basses are great. I'm not a fan of their guitars though.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I love my schecter, it can produce any kind of tone you want really. I'm definitely biased though since I never played an Ibanez, but try out both and see which one feels and sounds better for you, but I'd recommend the schecter out of experience of using one.
I absolutely hated that schector's neck feel, but I loved the studio version's neck. Its very flat.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I haven't played a Scheter, but my Ibanez just feels weird... Like it's awkward to play. I've had much more comfortable basses. But it definately sounds nice.
Wouldn't you prefer a 5 string if you lean towards metal? I know theres a lot of metal bands that use four strings but I have found that most that I learn use 5.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Wouldn't you prefer a 5 string if you lean towards metal? I know theres a lot of metal bands that use four strings but I have found that most that I learn use 5.

and I use a 5-string Ibby and LOVE it. not to mention its purdy

if you go 5-string, I highly recommend a 35" neck scale. Stops the floppy B. I'm really glad my bass has it, its much better than the one I played that my friend owns.
"The bass player is the guy in the band that generally has the biggest penis" - Les Claypool
I would play the Schecter and I would lean towards a 5 string as well. I personally play a six string, but a 5 string will do you well. I don't really like the way Ibanez guitars feel but their sound is nice compared to what I get out of Schecters. But sound is much more easily adjusted than the entire guitar.

So I would say a Schecter.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
SCHECTER FTW
i own a schecter, and love it! i play 'everything' also, but i like heavier stuff.
either would be better than your Squier (been there, done that)
BTW: the Schecter's neck won't be as wide as your Squier's. it took me a day or so to adjust, but it was fun!
hope i helped!
East Lansing High School
Class of 2013

Loading Haters
████████████████]
99% Complete
I'd probably go with the schecter, but make sure you try them both out before you buy.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I have an Ibanez SR506 and it's beautiful to play, beautiful sound. That said, I would get a 35" if I was you.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright