Page 1 of 4
Bad: DJ Scribble "Punk" and "Ska" Spinheads. if you don't know what this is, google it. the thing was pretty much an electric bobblehead that played crappy beats and made dumb statements that did no justice to punk or ska. the "punk" looked like a lot like the singer fromsimple plan and said things like "YEAH!" and "PUNK RAWK!" the ska guy looked like the nerdy character present in every afterschool sitcom. he said shit that i mostly couldn't make out, but was something along the lines of "skapunkbeat" and "kickitup stickitup" and "skankit"

sorry for the length on that one, i needed to share this bad memory with everyone here. i'm ashamed those things ever came into my house.

oh yeah, and last year i asked for a copy of Stiff Little Fingers "Inflammable" but my parents did a google search and somehow came up w/ giant inflatible hands with poseable fingers.
Quote by RockThe40oz
The best was a leather jacket, probably.

Worst was probably a live Exploited album. Or anything your parents buy you that has a skull on it because they think skulls are punx

i lol'd at the skulls
Not really punk related, but my parents bought me a book with the notes to kewlest Finnish pop songs made in 2008 because "i like music". I think I still have the book somewhere, couldn't find a single decent song in it.
Metallica sucks!
My grandmother bought me Misfits albums.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
The only punk gifts I get are punk CD's that I ask for, and since I only ask for good punk CD's, I only get good punk gifts.
I'm not s00per p0nx, and no one outside of my immediate family has any idea what kind of music I like, they just know I play guitar and like music ('cuz I'm so damn enigmatic ), so the only music-related items they give me are gift cards to FYE.
Getting the Ramones self titled album was about the best punk gift I ever got.

Problem was it came with a gift card to Hot Topic.
Worst: Warped Tour 2008 compilation

Best: An AFI shirt (that to this day, I have never seen another of) 6 years ago that still fits perfectly
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
The only punk related gifts I've got has been CDs that I've asked for.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've never gotten any punk related gifts at all.

My grandparents think I'm rebellious though, and they've bought me, at least 3 Hot Topic Gift Cards, a shirt that said "Silence is Golden but Duct Tape is Silver," and ACDC Rock Band.
hahaha wow...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Best - No Spitting, a punk compilation with a load of 77 punk on it
Worst - my dad was an original p0nX, so nothing bad
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I've never gotten any "punk-related" gifts. Oh wait, I did get Kick out the Jams from my sister. But that's the only one, so I guess it's both the best and the worst.
The best would be a temporary tattoo that said "PUNK GUY" and had a safety pin that looked like it went through my skin.

The worst was a watch with the Raiders logo(the crappy football team in America) from my dad because, as my sister later told me, "He knows you like hockey and punk" My dad lived in California for most of his life and knows the raiders are a football team.
Those are pretty much the only two gifts I've gotten that have anything specifically to do with punk.
My mom does buy a lot of skulls and "dark/evil" things she randomly finds. She buys them for herself but can't put them in the house so she gives them to me to put in my room. I have a lot of goth appropriate stuff because of that.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
The best would be a temporary tattoo that said "PUNK GUY" and had a safety pin that looked like it went through my skin.
That's the best??????
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Best either my ibanez guitar or my p bass.
Worst misfits-famous monsters CD
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
ooh, i love my p bass. i hate my 6 string though. fender cyclone, i bought it in red cause it was the only color in stock. it failed to mention it was sparkly red and that the single coil pickup was absolute garbage, and that if you try to tune the guitar, the strings pull the piece of shit tremolo bridge almost out of the body entirely. at least the tex mex pickup is good. trying to sell it right now and buy a used tele, preferably with a solid bridge, no more tremolo bullshit, i'm not jimmy hendrix. jesus christ, does it bother anyone how long my posts are?
I'm not "punk" and parents don't know what punk is.

Although last Christmas they did buy me a cartoon of cigarettes and a bottle of crown royal for Christmas and I'd have to say that was a pretty P0nX of them.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
A cartoon of cigarettes?

Yes it was a great cartoon about this wacky pack of cigarettes from the 80s.

Or possibly a typo
I'm an asshole.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
A cartoon of cigarettes?

I think your parents ripped you off because google gave me one for free.

Friggin Democrats!
Quote by element4433
That's the best??????

I suppose my high school graduation gift was a lot more punk. A bottle of Vodka(Smirnoff Green Apple) and a pack of Skull Buster Bass strings.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I got a laptop for graduation.

Not very punx until you realize I used it to tab 150 songs and download 80 gigs of punk music. And write music. And of course the music is hella punx.

I TABBED 150 SONGS YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LOVE ME THIS IS A GUITAR TAB WEBSITE.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
I got a laptop for graduation.

Not very punx until you realize I used it to tab 150 songs and download 80 gigs of punk music. And write music. And of course the music is hella punx.

I TABBED 150 SONGS YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LOVE ME THIS IS A GUITAR TAB WEBSITE.

p0nX don't tab.

Poser.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.
You sell it at an inflated price to underaged kids who can't easily obtain it themselves.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I suppose my high school graduation gift was a lot more punk. A bottle of Vodka(Smirnoff Green Apple) and a pack of Skull Buster Bass strings.
The Honorable Judge Fat Mike rules that temporary tattoos and Smirnoff are not punx.

Your sentence: Three years being exiled from punx.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by RizzoWashburn
They can't just take it from their parents?

Their parents are Mormons.
Quote by element4433
The Honorable Judge Fat Mike rules that temporary tattoos and Smirnoff are not punx.

Your sentence: Three years being exiled from punx.

I thought we all agreed that this upstanding gentleman:

was in fact the judge of punx.

Also:

Quote by RockThe40oz
yeah, I don't tend to have stockpiles of booze for sale.. but I wouldn't turn down some quick cash from buying underagers (that I knew) some beer.

When I go 21 next month I'm gonna SHOWER my underage friends with so much booze that one day Geraldo Rivera will be raiding my vault live on national TV.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Geraldo Rivera will be raiding my vault on national TV.

hmmm...

I'm far tired to come up with a clever sex joke right now.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by RizzoWashburn
The concept of selling one's booze is humorous to me.

I know people in Milwaukee that make rent money by selling beer after the liquor stores close (9 PM). Beer costs like 9 bucks for a 30 rack there and they sell the beers at a dollar a can. So they're not ripping anyone off. Over the course of a couple of shows, you can make yer rent money easily (especially if rent is 100$ a month). Cos when it's 3 AM and you just need that last beer to get ya home, a dollar is nothing.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
When I go 21 next month I'm gonna SHOWER my underage friends with so much booze that one day Geraldo Rivera will be raiding my vault live on national TV.

I'm gonna tune in to that. I'm sure I'll be on the edge of my fucking seat the whole time.

I tried selling all my underage friends cigarettes when I turned 18, but they weren't buying. :/
Quote by SuperBlob
p0nX don't tab.

Poser.

**** you your a poser cause punk doesnt have a code of what's roight and whats wrong
My mom's pretty knowledgable about what I'm into, so I usually get pretty good gifts. Got a bass a couple christmas's ago, bass pick-ups last year. Got a pretty cool punk graphic novel where they went and saw the Ramones and stuff. I'm sure there's other good stuff I'm forgetting about.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by punkguitar97
**** you your a poser cause punk doesnt have a code of what's roight and whats wrong

...I'm not sure if I'm falling into a trap here or if you're being serious.

I'll go with serious - check people's other posts and stuff before you say something like this, stops you looking like a fool.

Ie, I don't actually think that, I was just messing around.

Also that's way too many smileys.

So yeah. Just a bit of forum...etiquette I suppose. The more you know! =D
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I hate it when people come into this forum and try to joke like we do but without actually being any good at it. It's just painful for everyone to watch.
Page 1 of 4