I want to spend around 175-200 dollars of an acoustic guitar that is overall a trustworthy model. My level of expertise for shopping for one isn't quite developed so suggestions would be nice. Thanks
I personally really dislike the Ibanez guitars (No offence to SFMMcoasters.) They just sound really fake to me. They don't sound full at all.
I really like the Yamaha F335. There are also Takamine guitars in that range that are nice. I think I saw a $200 ovation guitar I tried out once that I was quite satisfied with. I thought the tone was quite nice for the price.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
for $200 you can get a solid-top yamaha fg700s, which is a step up from the other guitars listed here. you do want a solid top if at all possible.

for future reference, if the word "solid" doesn't appear DIRECTLY before the wood for a guitar's top, back or sides, it isn't solid.
go for a yamaha.their low range guitars are great
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Yamaha is good. Jasmines are good and made by Takamine. You should also check out Alvarez guitars. I own a couple of them and they are a pretty decent guitars for the money.

Ibanez used to make good guitars back in the 1980s. Their QC is suspect anymore. I never met a Fender acoustic I liked but that is just me.
"I love humanity. It's people that I can't stand..." - Linus Van Pelt
"My God! It's full of stars!" - Dave Bowman
"Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world." - Jack Nicholson
A Yamaha is a good place to start. If you have played guitar a bit then try out a few in your price range , of different makes and sizes and see what you like the look, feel and sound of. If not then try and take someone along who can play the guitar with you.
Yeah, taking someone who knows how to play helps too. They could tell you if everything is set up nicely. Check the joints and make sure they are attached well, check the nut and saddle. See how the action is and the grooves in the nut for the strings.

Please...please please please please please.... don't get a guitar where the tuners grind a little. It should be perfectly smooth. I absolutely hate having someone's guitar in my hands, trying to tune it, and hearing this rough grinding sound. Its one of the reasons why I dislike everyone elses classical guitar... they always have at least one that doesn't turn very well and it annoys the hell out of me...
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘