Powerball, Fireball, Savage or Invader?

I need something that'll give me great tones for Meshuggah, Akercocke, The Black Dahlia Murder, Between the Buried and Me.

I love the Savage but I want something a little more powerful and more aggressive.
Quote by lust of decay
INVADER 100.... at home, no band? fireball. very dark tone

This pretty much.

Invader = <3
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Ok ill have to go find an invader to check out then. Tried a Framus Cobra today, it's very nice but a bit too Vintage sounding for my tastes, im looking for a very modern sharp punchy gain :P
Invader and SE are rape when it comes to heavy tones (if you can afford them). The Blackmore is also awesome but I'm not sure about death metal...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Definitely the Invader. Hands down the best amp ENGL has made.

It doesn't have that compressed sound that characterizes most ENGL's, it sounds very organic. Unimaginably brutal, the sounds that come from it are...unholy. It can also do a lot of sounds, very versatile.

If you want to save [a lot of] money, the Fireball 100 is your next bet. Very dark sounding, excellent overall tone.
Quote by Yngwi3
Invader and SE are rape when it comes to heavy tones (if you can afford them). The Blackmore is also awesome but I'm not sure about death metal...

Mark G used one for death metal and it sounded awesome. It's not a dedicated br00talz amp though, but it can do it if it must.

As far as Engls and death/black metal go... you've got the Fireball for metal on a tighter budget, then there's the Fireball 100, Powerball, Invader, SE, eventually Savage and Savage SE (if you can find one).

Try 'em all, they can all do it (maybe the Savage isn't aimed at it like the others... but it's capable of it anyways).
You could always try and afford a Bogner Uberschall too?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
You could always try and afford a Bogner Uberschall too?

Uberschalls sound good but have no usable cleans.