An article in the paper about how billions of dollars are being spent worldwide on "Climate Adaption", to be discussed at this UN Convention, meaning making dams taller and putting buildings on stilts to survive drastically rising sea levels. Obama is talking to congress about a $1.2 billion A YEAR for "International Climate Aid".

It would all be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

We're in a global recession, we don't need to be spending money on this crack theory. Bangladesh, a desperately poor country, is wasting $50 Million on Adaption.

This is incredibly frustrating that the world was so quick to believe this BS.

http://nctimes.com/news/national/article_0993ef6e-8e54-57a8-ac2b-23b2c4c0210c.html
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Al Gore strikes again!
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Tell that to the hundreds of Bangladeshis dying in floods every year, and all the thousands who lose everything every year.
Sounds like the government is too lazy to bother combating the problem, and instead is just attempting to live with it.
he's going to spend more money?
people accused bush of not knowing how to manage money...obama is a million times worse XD our currency is going to have no value by the time he gets out of office
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Sounds like the government is too lazy to bother combating the problem, and instead is just attempting to live with it.

Lazy bastards. They should sit on their arse, adapt a childish rebel-tween attitude and ignore the data suggesting they should take action.

The cunts.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Good lord, this thread's going to end up more full of bullshit opinions than Bill O'Reilly's show.

On a side note: I fail to see what's wrong with trying to help out countries that are being affected by climate change. No-one's saying that we should build skyscrapers on stilts in Birmingham.
Quote by Kensai
Lazy bastards. They should sit on their arse, adapt a childish rebel-tween attitude and ignore the data suggesting they should take action.

The cunts.

I know, rite. Just imagine if they were doing that now.
Quote by bi-ah!
he's going to spend more money?
people accused bush of not knowing how to manage money...obama is a million times worse XD our currency is going to have no value by the time he gets out of office

$515.4 billion +5.7%

On blowing the shit out of people, according to Wikpedia .

Is $50 million dollars to stop people drowning really that big a burden?
This is the right course of action, assuming you believe in the fairy tale of the ocean rising by hundreds of feet.

I'll take my chances.

I can't wait till everyone denies believing it in 50 years when shit still hasn't changed.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
This is the right course of action, assuming you believe in the fairy tale of the ocean rising by hundreds of feet.

I'll take my chances.

I can't wait till everyone denies believing it in 50 years when shit still hasn't changed.

If it's all lies, why are there people in pacific islands with no homes left who are being taken in by Australia and New Zealand as refugees? are they all part of the elaborate hoax?

Did the climate change fanatics go out there and sink their islands? Because islands don't actually sink, you know.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If it's all lies, why are there people in pacific islands with no homes left who are being taken in by Australia and New Zealand as refugees? are they all part of the elaborate hoax?

Did the climate change fanatics go out there and sink their islands? Because islands don't actually sink, you know.

Bullshit.

We all know Greenpeace have been pulling the plugs out of those islands at night!

Are there really already islands being consumed by the sea? ****.

The Maldives are about a metre above sea level. Currently sea levels are rising at about 1.8 mm a year.
Sucks to be them I guess

The finding that the climate has warmed in recent decades and that this warming is likely attributable to human influence has been endorsed by every national science academy that has issued a statement on climate change, including the science academies of all of the major industrialized countries. At present, no scientific body of national or international standing has issued a dissenting statement. A small minority of professional associations have issued noncommittal statements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

You don't get scientific consensus across continents and disciplines like that without mountains of evidence. The naysayers are as foolish as the cigarette smokers who denied that there was evidence linking smoking to cancer as they died of lung cancer, all because the tobacco companies manufactured dissent.
You'd think we'd have learned enough from our mistakes to actually listen to the evidence at this stage.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

The finding that the climate has warmed in recent decades and that this warming is likely attributable to human influence has been endorsed by every national science academy that has issued a statement on climate change, including the science academies of all of the major industrialized countries. At present, no scientific body of national or international standing has issued a dissenting statement. A small minority of professional associations have issued noncommittal statements.

Quote by Conservapedia
The myth of dangerous man-made global warming is promoted by liberals seeking greater government control over the production and use of energy, which is a substantial percentage of the economy. Numerous scientists, especially those outside of university faculties, have been critical of this myth, but liberals have censored dissent and pretended that there is a "scientific consensus" supporting their theory for greater government control. On most college campuses criticism of man-made global warming is silenced or censored, and even scientists skeptical of it are afraid to speak out.

Some researchers point out that benefits of health global warming have been overlooked, or minimized. As far back as 1996, Thomas Gale Moore, Senior Fellow at Hoover Institution (Stanford University) contended that positive health and amenity effects would be a result of projected increases in temperature. [24]

Another source notes,

In areas that see extreme cold temperatures, deaths related to colder weather would drop significantly, leading to decreased health care costs. Warmer temperatures would also mean less energy use to heat homes and buildings, helping to conserve energy. With the changes brought about by global warming more land would become available for uses like farming and living. Forests and plants would grow stronger, healthier, and more abundant because of the warmer weather, and this would mean more oxygen being released into the atmosphere.

Hah. Suck it, lieberal scare-mongers!
Last edited by webbtje at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
Hah. Suck it, lieberal scare-mongers!
On most college campuses criticism of man-made global warming is silenced or censored, and even scientists skeptical of it are afraid to speak out.
Why do I get the feeling these people have never been to a college campus?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

The Maldives are about a metre above sea level. Currently sea levels are rising at about 1.8 mm a year.
Sucks to be them I guess

You don't get scientific consensus across continents and disciplines like that without mountains of evidence. The naysayers are as foolish as the cigarette smokers who denied that there was evidence linking smoking to cancer as they died of lung cancer, all because the tobacco companies manufactured dissent.
You'd think we'd have learned enough from our mistakes to actually listen to the evidence at this stage.

Didn;t they recently have a cabinet meeting underwater, to demonstrate how well their country could function if it was submerged by rising sea levels?
Nothing can stop climate change it happens anyway. If islands are going to sink then spend money relocating the people. Dont spend millions trying to save places that are doomed anyway only to have to spend millions again on the same people when the 'adaption' fails.
An it really pisses me off the way governments try an rip you off with all this climate change rubbish like low energy light bulbs etc. Some of the adverts in England atm are ridiculous.
Last edited by Burningritual at Dec 4, 2009,
I feel good that I have not let "being Green" change me.
and let's thank god that they but up a huge energy wasting tree in DC, and that sometimes nbc's logo is green by doing that I know at least one polar bear might be saved XD.
GOOD WORD why is society so messed
Quote by MightyAl
Didn;t they recently have a cabinet meeting underwater, to demonstrate how well their country could function if it was submerged by rising sea levels?

I think it was to raise awareness of Climate Change , but ya.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Burningritual
Nothing can stop climate change it happens anyway. If islands are going to sink then spend money relocating the people. Dont spend millions trying to save places that are doomed anyway only to have to spend millions again on the same people when the 'adaption' fails.

This is true. Think how much was spent on that movie, Waterworld, and it's the very apogee of fail.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I think it was to raise awareness of Climate Change , but ya.

The problem is, it went too well. They should have apponted a Minister For Being A Useless Bitch, and not given them scuba gear, so tney would drown. Then the headlines would have been "cabinet minister drowns in demonstration of how bad climate change will be", rather than "cabinet has a f*cking blast with free scuba lessons".
Last edited by MightyAl at Dec 4, 2009,
I'm not sure the point of the protest was to show that Cabinet wouldn't function underwater. That's a bit too literal. :P
I'd love it if someone put stilts on my house.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by webbtje

Schlafly's view is that learning is best achieved by ignoring experienced, qualified researchers in any given field and instead "thinking for oneself".

"I don't have to live with what's printed in the newspaper, I don't have to take what's put out by Wikipedia. We've got our own way to express knowledge and the more that we can clear out the liberal bias that erodes our faith, the better."

Why let facts get in the way of the truth huh?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by MightyAl
This is true. Think how much was spent on that movie, Waterworld, and it's the very apogee of fail.

The problem is, it went too well. They should have apponted a Minister For Being A Useless Bitch, and not given them scuba gear, so tney would drown. Then the headlines would have been "cabinet minister drowns in demonstration of how bad climate change will be", rather than "cabinet has a f*cking blast with free scuba lessons".

"Cabinet minister drowns" would be a negative thing?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
"Cabinet minister drowns" would be a negative thing?

Of course. Cabinet ministers drowning is only really a good thing if it's combined with the use of ducking stools for public votes of no confidence.