i have a Classic 30, which i love (will be changing the speaker soon), and i'm being very picky about any pedals i pick up so that i get just what i want and not some cheap crap. my problem is in my guitar. i have an Epi Goth LP. at the time i got it i was into more harder rock and metal and all that stuff UG loves. times changed though. i am now much more into softer stuff like blues and 90's pop/alt rock (collective soul, Gin Blossoms). needless to say, my guitar is not the ideal guitar for those. however, i've come to love the feel of the guitar and generally am more comfortable playing it than most other guitars i've tried out. i'm just not enjoying the sound all that much.

my question: would changing out the pups fix my problem? would they make a big enough difference to justify the money spent? or should i save that money and get a different guitar? suggest some pups?
What is it about your sound you dislike?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
you know, i really hate trying to describe sounds.... oh well. it's a bit muddy... dark... just not what i'm looking for in my tone... i really dont know how to help you any more than that. and yes, i've EQ'd like a madman and am still not quite satisfied.
Quote by sandyman323
you know, i really hate trying to describe sounds.... oh well. it's a bit muddy... dark... just not what i'm looking for in my tone... i really dont know how to help you any more than that. and yes, i've EQ'd like a madman and am still not quite satisfied.

I hate describing stuff like that too, something always gets lost in translation. Can you take your amp to a local shop and try out a few different guitars to see what you may be missing? I think strats, LPs, and even some hollowbodies should be on your list to try. Those softer genres aren't as dependent on the guitar so you have a variety of options, its just a matter of taste. Since you said you love that LP's feel though, I'd look at some LPs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Check out the Rock Monkey Pickups, Maybe Smooth Heritage for Blues (Neck Pickup) and for Bridge maybe Cool or Warm Heritage Pickup in the bridge
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly