Alright, on harmony central a guy has a beautiful Mesa Mark III black (no) stripe modded by Mike B at Mesa to IIC+ specs. The chances of me finding one of these in my area to try is terrible. I have one music store and it only carries Line 6 spiders and a Bogner alchemist (which isn't bad at all...the Bogner haha).

Anyway, just wondering if you think that amp would suit me well. I use guitars with active EMGs and have a Danelectro Cool Cat OD and DBX 166XL compressor/limiter/gate. I play stuff along the lines of Lamb of God, Trivium, Metallica, Black Label Society, and my original stuff (which gets compared to a Black Label/Godsmack/Pantera child).

Thanks guys!

EDIT: and girls don't wanna offend
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
It will sound great. the Mk III is underrated in my opinion.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
I'm not into metal, but I do know that the IIC+ is one of the holy grails of high gain amps... If it really is the same circuit as that I'd say go...

But then again, I don't do metal, I have no idea what that amp is worth... So, wait for better help.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Alright, I may give it a shot. It's at least pretty valuable if I decide I don't like it. I've been wanting to try Boogie for quite sometime and figured I'd give it a try.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
how much is he looking for it if you dont mind me asking? Keep in mind that its a Modded III and NOT a IIC+. the III's sell for less than a IV or a IIC or IIC+...
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
That's a fairly good amp as far as I know. You need to tweak it a lot is another thing I hear. Then again, I can only bring you what I've heard about. I have heard some beastly high gain distortion tones recorded from that particular amp. If that's your cup of tea then go for it.
I was trying to pick up that amp myself.

Looks like a pretty cool amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd look for clips on netmusicians.org and use the link in my sig to see if you can find something similar for price comparison. I am curious as to why it has been on HC for so long myself.

My .311 cents is if you are going to primarily use it for those tones you listed you may want something else.

good luck
Quote by bob vila
how much is he looking for it if you dont mind me asking? Keep in mind that its a Modded III and NOT a IIC+. the III's sell for less than a IV or a IIC or IIC+...

$1200 I think? It's in great condition and I'm trying to trade my Marshall 6100 head for it.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'd look for clips on netmusicians.org and use the link in my sig to see if you can find something similar for price comparison. I am curious as to why it has been on HC for so long myself.

My .311 cents is if you are going to primarily use it for those tones you listed you may want something else.

good luck

Alright man I'll check it out. I know Lamb of God uses Mark IV's so how much different is the gain on a Mark IV vs III?
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
$1200 I think? It's in great condition and I'm trying to trade my Marshall 6100 head for it.

I tried trading that amp when I had it to him and he said no

The Mark III is more aggressive than the Mark IV. IMO, it's a better amp, especially for the price, never tried a IIC+, but if it's half as good as people say, it should be awesome.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Id recommend dropping in on the grailtone forums and reading up on the III. The three is known for having good chimey cleans and a very aggressive distorted tone. One common thing I read about the III is the tradeoff between the channels tonewise depending on how you want to dial your amp in. Keep in mind the III was an early comer in the 3 channel amp world, so its not a perfectly designed amp by any means. Should be a great amp though. I dont think you will have a hard time dialing it in, not as many knobs as a IV or V
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
considering LoG among others uses the mkIV and metallica/dream theater (also among others) have used the IIC+, it should definetely sound good for metal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by MatrixClaw

I tried trading that amp when I had it to him and he said no

The Mark III is more aggressive than the Mark IV. IMO, it's a better amp, especially for the price, never tried a IIC+, but if it's half as good as people say, it should be awesome.

Well I'll probably get the same answer too then
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I just remembered, you are the one with MC's old 6100 right?

Can't speak to the differences, I'm not a Mesahead.

Yes I am hahah And I, like the guy that had it before me, said I would never trade it...Oh well GAS is a helluva drug
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables