http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=867165&songID=7466049

Song called "Dots" by this Indian guitarist called Keshav...

THAT right there is my dream rhythm tone.

Check the rhythm tone out on the riff at about 0:42. It has this twang to it...I'm trying to achieve this kind of high gain tone.

What exactly is the twang? Just good EQing with a treble boost or something?or something totally different, or is it like the Voicing of the amp he's using?

Playing Ibby guitar with Dimarzio pups through a PODxt with headphones right now, will be buying Tube Amp and a good set of pedals soon.

Thanks!!
Last edited by gus_santiago11 at Dec 4, 2009,
When I think twang I think Telecaster

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
you can put a humbucker in a tele...

But yeah twang, I think telecaster
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Please take a listen to that tone again for me, temme what gear will get me close to that...(Apart from a Tele)
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QgfGZyPuYs is it that song?

EDIT: I don't here much twang in there.

What I hear is some medium/high output humbuckers on a 7/8 string under LOTS of gain and a slight big of reverb

Unless you ment the cleans, it's a clean tone, I think inbetween two humbuckers, and with some more reverb on there.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
Yes? Who said tele's couldn't do super high gain?

He probably thinks that it's more oriented to blues and country therfore it cannot.

Only ibanez can to metal duhhhh
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
may I add that it somewhat reminds me of an Opeth kinda tone, might just be me though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Aah, thanks forsakenazrael ...Somehow I really love that "nasal" or "honky" sound..I dunno why I hear it as a twang...
Any other tips on getting this sound?
Ibanez RG 370, with Dimarzio Humbuckers AND a middle pickup...so that approach won't work...apparently this guy used only the bridge humbucker...
that twan you hear is achieved when you use a low tunned guitar or 7 string, its not really a eq thing, the guys in bring me the horizon has a similar tone, just tune to B and you should get a similar tone
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
That works well if the songs tuning is B, and you're rocking heavy strings that stay nice and tight, but if it's not, then you don't really want to be tuning to B! However using heavier strings should give you more of that sound I do believe!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yeah, the close the coils are, the more frequencies it cancels.

You could still even put the neck pickup out of phase with it, if you get creative.

Make a neck on switch - This will allow you to turn on the neck position with any pickup combo.
Then have a second switch that flips it's hot and ground, so you make it out of phase.
Yeah, adding the switches are really easy.

Here's an example of the neck-on switch:
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/allpickups.php

Basically routes the pickup's hot connection to the volume pot.

Here's a phase reversal switch:
http://www.guitar-repairs.co.uk/guitar_wiring_modifications_2.htm
Switches the hot and ground.

Using push pull pots, you could get something that doesn't even modify your guitar's stock look!
Wow thanks!!

I just realized...Death's tone on Sound of Perseverance is similar...has the same "twang"...He didn't do any of this..
Quote by gus_santiago11
Tele? With THAT MUCH GAIN?

I doubt it...Sounds like a full and fat humbucker...

i just watched a video with some kid that had a tele with bareknuckles in it that sounded massive. single coil pick up still. it's more than possible.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?