Hey guys, I want to fit one of my guitars with strat pickups. I don't care what brand. I'm a big humbucker guy, EMG and Seymours, but I want one guitar with 3 single coils. Not looking for a HSS set up.

I'll be getting a Mesa Boogie Mark V. I want a guitar to play some blues like SRV (attempt) and the like. Do you have anything to recommend? I just did a search on MusiciansFriend and got 10+ hits. Jeez.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=strat+pickups

I don't mind mix and matching 3 pickups.
if u want SRV's sound, get the Fender Texas SPecials.

u could also check out boutique pickups like bareknuckles, rockmonkeys etc. if u e-mail them and tell them what type of sound u are looking for, they will recommend u the right pickup.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
if u want SRV's sound, get the Fender Texas Specials.

+1.

I have the SRV strat with the Texas Specials. Though I'm still new (that is, I don't have years of experience evaluating pickups), they sound great.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
What do you play?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
What do you play?

I play thrash metal mostly but I like to doodle in other styles. I'll never play super clean, I'm looking for more of a rock/blues sound to change it up.
Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. AMAZING Strat pups, better than anything Fender makes IMO. Best I've tried.
what kinda guitar are you puttin these pickups in.
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
Take a look at Rock Monkey Pickups, if you email Chris (He is a UG Member - CorduroyEW) about what tone you want and he will guide you to the right pickups
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
a guitar builder I know recommends Dimarzio Area 61s as the best noiseless pickups out there