Hello everybody.

i have been thinking of buying the guitar building kit "DFRRV- Offset V kit" by BYO at onlineguitarparts.com

now the price is just 229$ plus black hardware and predrilled body so that makes like 279$.

is the site trustable and what do you guys think of this kit?
i just want to learn a bit about building before i start playing around with my own guitar.

Thanks anyway.

Alex
I'm curious about this... they have strat necks for 50$ and bodies for 100$...
Would the quality be better than something like Guitarfetish bodies and necks?

Sorry, for the hijack..
Quote by alexthegreat

Probably half decent - except for the trem.

might wanna upgrade that at some point.

Pickups too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah was thinking bout other pickups aswell.
and the trem, well ill see about that.

but does anyone have any experience with this site?
do they deliver fast, thrustworthy,... ?
Just seen that you're in Belgium.
That means you're not too far away from the UK which means IronGear pickups are an easy option - cheap but genuinely great pickups. www.irongear.co.uk
*I'm not advertising I just like to open people's eyes to these pickups*

Also,it's likely the floyd will be utter crap but it might not be.
Check the post spacing on it and look at what you can get as a drop in replacement for it just in case. Some cheap floyds like the Ibanez EdgeIII gets bashed to hell around here but they're actually good (provided the knife edges are fine but that goes for EVERY floyd that goes both ways) when set up correctly
Quote by Bigsteve92
Just seen that you're in Belgium.
That means you're not too far away from the UK which means IronGear pickups are an easy option - cheap but genuinely great pickups. www.irongear.co.uk
*I'm not advertising I just like to open people's eyes to these pickups*

Also,it's likely the floyd will be utter crap but it might not be.
Check the post spacing on it and look at what you can get as a drop in replacement for it just in case. Some cheap floyds like the Ibanez EdgeIII gets bashed to hell around here but they're actually good (provided the knife edges are fine but that goes for EVERY floyd that goes both ways) when set up correctly

The Edge III isn't even badly designed, the execution is poor though. It'd be a great trem if the damned thing was made of hardened steel.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.