A thread dedicated to the coolest mother****er in metal. Discuss his several musical projects, Darkthrone and the man himself here.

Did anyone hear Engangsgrill which came out earlier this year? It has three traditional doom metal tracks Fenriz recorded in around 1993. Pretty awesome IMO.

Also, is Isengard worth checking out?
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Like his mustache. Also, saw a picture of him skiing in a wintery Norvegian forest in a tracksuit. He's bad-ass.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
My top 3 Fenriz albums are:

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Storm - Nordavind
Isengard - Høstmørke

and in in response to your question, yes Isengard is well worth checking out
Then I shall check them out.
One of the minds responsible for the second wave of black metal. Fenriz is a legend in his own right.
As much as I love Fenriz, I don't think there should be a thread devoted to him
...but anyway...amazing guy, even if he can't remember anything/is always drunk
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I found Engangsgrill to be really cool, the vocals seemed a bit off at first and the grew on me after a while.

My favourite release with Fenriz has to be the 'A New Dimension' demo by Darkthrone though, Snowfall being the main song as a 10 minute instrumental death/thrash with amazing riffs and drumwork, then again i like all Darkthrone.
Fenriz is definitely the awesomest guy in the entire Black Metal scene
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
no doubt about that. here's a list of bands Fenriz recommended to some magazine, a lot of them are known here though:
Portrait (Sweden), Eidomantum (Sweden), Gasmask Terror (France), Zemial (Greece), The Batallion (Norway), Salute (UK), Em Ruinas (Brazil), Deathammer (Norway), Old (Germany), Vomitor (Australia), Trench Hell (Australia), Farscape (Brazil), The Devil’s Blood (Holland), Lonewolf (France), Orcustus (Norway), Aura Noir (Norway), Virus (Norway), Witch (USA), Evil Army (USA), Karnax (Canada), Resistance (France), Doomed Beast (Australia), Alpha Centauri (Greece), Manilla Road (USA), Morne (USA), Morrigan (Germany), Mäniac (Canada), Sonic Ritual (Sweden), Deathroner (“Canadian sensations&rdquo, Jex Thoth (USA), Nocturnal (Germany), Enforcer (Sweden), Nekromantheon (Norway), World Burns To Death (USA), Hellshock (USA), Corrupt (“Sweden’s best thrash band&rdquo, Nattefrost (Norway), Tyrant (Sweden), Creep Colony (Norway), Bstardator (Canada), War Crimes (UK), Death Beast (USA), Blüdwülf (USA), Enslaved (Norway), Slogstorm (Norway), Banished Force (Germany), Hellish Crossfire (Germany), Hellrealm (USA), Chemkiller (USA), witchtrap,
The only Fenriz project I like is Darkthrone, which is outstanding.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...