I now it's a simple E shape and i know the notes and they seem to fit into a B chord and with the C# it becomes a 9 chord .. i think but i just want to clarify really
I really like this chord and like moving it around the neck, also if i mute the B string and move the whole chord down a whole step to become
-x

Would that make it an A9 chord
Don't Be Afraid and just look across Blue Fields.
You'll eventually see the Fisherman's Horizon.
It really depends on what key the song you're using it is in. It could be several different chords depending on what your main intervals are and what are the non chord tones
Check out my band Disturbed
Well, I think the desired answer is what is it called in the key of C major, which, as I understand, is the most common key in most of popular music, and, is pretty much the "default" key.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Well, I think the desired answer is what is it called in the key of C major, which, as I understand, is the most common key in most of popular music, and, is pretty much the "default" key.

uh, no it's not the most common or default key. it's simply the one with no accidentals, and because of that it's often used as an example for simplicity, but it doesn't matter. The first chord includes F♯ D♯ and C♯, none of which are in C major. The context depends entirely on how the chord is being used, what it's relation to the tonic is, how it resolves, etc.

with those two I'd simply call em Badd9/E and Aadd9/E respectively, though it could change depending on context.

Edit: and StewieSwan, please read this http://www.notjustatheory.com/

saying something is "just a theory" is the stupidest thing you can say. E=MC² is "just a theory" Quantum Field Theory is 'just a theory" Atomic Theory is "just a theory".

theory does not mean guess, it doesn't make it somehow not quite as true, to call something a theory doesn't undermine it.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 4, 2009,