So i was thinking of scalloping my guitars frets from 16-24 but then got thinking i dont want destroy my baby lol. So is it possible to scallop your own frets? Has anyone ever done it or is a Luther and can help me out with some advice.

Some specs on my neck:

Neck- thru body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
43mm Neck Width
Extra Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Sure it's possible, a lot of people do it themselves. I won't go as far as to say most people, but it's pretty close. Just be sure to know what you're doing, practice on a cheap guitar first.
lol that isn't an option any videos or threads dedicated to this anyone know of? Does inlays present a problem?
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It's possible, Yngwie did it himself for the first time, before he even knew that it's actually not his own original idea. Then again, he worked in a guitar luthier shop... practice first.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
you need a battery powered drill, an old drill bit, a 3/4" ish dowel, some sand paper and some glue

cut the dowel to about 4" long and drill into it length ways. then put some glue in the hole and stick the drill bit back in. leave to dry

wrap some sandpaper around the dowel, and tape/glue/solder in place

then use that spinning sander type creation to sand the frets down

might be an idea to only do them on the higher strings.

that's just how i'd go about it if i had nothing to lose.

look up ormsby guitars on youtube, he does something similar

EDIT: zomg, neckthrough. thats a helluva risk if it goes tits up
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Dec 4, 2009,
i'd definitely look for a $100 guitar (or less! cheaper isn't a bad thing, it's a practice instrument) and i'd try that first. you might even find out you don't want to risk your guitar at all. or maybe you'd end up hating the feel of the scallops. it's risky.

maybe look for a $30 guitar at toys r us? just saying, i think you should definitely try it on something else first.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you need a battery powered drill, an old drill bit, a 3/4" ish dowel, some sand paper and some glue

cut the dowel to about 4" long and drill into it length ways. then put some glue in the hole and stick the drill bit back in. leave to dry

wrap some sandpaper around the dowel, and tape/glue/solder in place

then use that spinning sander type creation to sand the frets down

might be an idea to only do them on the higher strings.

that's just how i'd go about it if i had nothing to lose.

look up ormsby guitars on youtube, he does something similar

EDIT: zomg, neckthrough. thats a helluva risk if it goes tits up

...or use a drum sander. i just envision shit flying everywhere as soon as you touch that to the guitar neck
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Isnt there a whole thread dedicated to this in the gear building and customizing section ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.