Is this a hard song to play? I'm not sure which movement, but I'm sure you know which one I mean. The most famous one...

And what I'm asking is, how much skill is required to learn to play this song? Can a beginner do it?
You mean the first movement by beethoven probably.

It's easy to play(if you play in A minor) and sounds GREAT. great stuff to play
I was thinking third... Which is f***ing crazy...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Play it and have fun but consider carefully before any public performance: Does transcription to the guitar serve the music well?
In my opinion the answer is a definite and resounding no.
Some compositions are taylored to certain instrumentation and in this case the guitar only renders a shallow echo of Beethoven's intent, for full impact the piece needs the sustaining power and range of the piano.
It doesn't always work that way, there are certainly works that sound wonderful on guitar but poor on piano.
Quote by R.Christie
Play it and have fun but consider carefully before any public performance: Does transcription to the guitar serve the music well?
In my opinion the answer is a definite and resounding no.
Some compositions are taylored to certain instrumentation and in this case the guitar only renders a shallow echo of Beethoven's intent, for full impact the piece needs the sustaining power and range of the piano.
It doesn't always work that way, there are certainly works that sound wonderful on guitar but poor on piano.

I most definitely know what you mean! This piece sounds much better on the piano, and the only reason to play it on the guitar is...for fun.
Yeah. First movement probably isn't too difficult, but like the guy(s) above me said, there's a reason he wrote it for piano. There's a reason you don't play stuff like Spanish Romance a piano; it just doesn't sound right. You can do it, yeah, but just take what one of the guys above me said.

If you're trying to learn the third movement than Best of Luck. My Girlfriend knows that one on Piano, almost entirely from memory. It's crazy.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!