Sup. I play death metal/deathcore/tech deth, i.e. Necrophagist, The Faceless, Old JFAC, As Blood Runs Black, some Metallica etc. Right now I have an ESP LTD EX400, which I have loved for a while, but I'm looking for something with 24 frets and a FR trem. I don't really wanna go used, and my budget is up to $800. I could POSSIBLY push it a bit higher, but that's my primary spending for it.

So yeah, looking for: Active pickups (EMGs, maybe); metal shape; cool finish (trans black) or just black; FR; 24 frets (ACCESSIBLE 24th fret)...

I thought about the ESP LTD V401DX, but the 24th didn't look too accessible from pics (anyone know any more about it?). Schecter Hellraisers seemed kinda cool with the trans red finish and trems, but I'm still leaning towards ESP...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Schecter Blackjack ATX V FR in Satin Black (Blackouts)

or

Schecter Hellraiser V FR (EMGs)

Right around your price range, with excellent fret-access. Try them out.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Dec 4, 2009,
Cool, I'll try those out. Anyone on the V401DX 24th fret, though? It really caught my eye.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by biga29
Schecter Blackjack ATX V FR in Satin Black (Blackouts)

or

Schecter Hellraiser V FR (EMGs)

Right around your price range, with excellent fret-access. Try them out.

What biga said ^

Hellraisers are incredibly dependable guitars.
+1
otherwise you might wanna look at Ibanez range, they use Edge 3 tremelos, they ARE different, but they are still fun to use.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I image'd the Blackjack ATX V FR. To elaborate on when I said "metal shape":

I want the guitar to have the I-can-stab-you-to-death-if-I-want look. I'm not too big of a fan of rounded stuff.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
I image'd the Blackjack ATX V FR. To elaborate on when I said "metal shape":

I want the guitar to have the I-can-stab-you-to-death-if-I-want look. I'm not too big of a fan of rounded stuff.

I guarantee you'll either put a hole in the wall or yourself. If you can live without the FR, check out the Dave Mustaine VMNT. Active pickups, 24 frets, very sharp V-shape. it's a perfect guitar, it just doesn't have a trem.

Why are you so desperate for a trem anyway? They're such a pain to tune and maintain perfectly.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I guarantee you'll either put a hole in the wall or yourself. If you can live without the FR, check out the Dave Mustaine VMNT. Active pickups, 24 frets, very sharp V-shape. it's a perfect guitar, it just doesn't have a trem.

Why are you so desperate for a trem anyway? They're such a pain to tune and maintain perfectly.

This'll be my third guitar. I play almost exclusively in Drop C, unless playing Black Dahlia Murder or Dethklok or whatever. It will STAY in Drop C, which is what I want. I'm getting this guitar for a trem, because I have 2 that don't have trems already. I want one that's similar to my EX400, but has 2 more frets, a different shape, and a trem.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
You could try looking for a used one of these.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...