okay so i have a fender telecaster deluxe 72 reissue.
i have a problem with the bottom e strong.
it is too close to the edge of the neck and every time i go to play it, i have to bend the string. its decent for most of the frets, just once it gets to the 12th fret its on the complete edge of the neck. i was wondering what i should do, is there a way to adjust the bridge so the string spacing is closer? or would i have to find another bridge? or what?..

thanks
bottom E string as in the thickest string? or the thinnest string? and i dont think you can change string spacing. you might not have the string in the saddle properly or in the nut properly.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
ok, call that your high e from now on if anything. most people (not saying everyone, so disclaimers to those people) lable their strings from thinnest to thickest:
e=1
b=2
G=3
D=4
A=5
E=6

but anyways, can we get pics of your bridge from above and the neck in general?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
buy a les pual
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
buy a les pual

don't be a dick... buying a different guitar won't solve nothing.
Quote by pedromiles101
yeah i thought of calling it that, i just wanted to make sure people didnt think it was the highest one when youre looking down and playing it instead of highest one in pitch

and yeah i can try to get pictures up
either your bridge or your neck is off center.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
wow, that's really poor Quality control.

did you just buy this guitar? new or used?

are the strings lined up over the pups correctly, like one string over one pole?

how's the nut cuts? does it seem like they screwed up the high e's cut and that's causing the problem. did it crack, or is it too wide?

to be honest that would probably be best case scenario, as the nut is easy and cheap to swap out. and you could even get a higher quality material to improve playability.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Its definately the bridge. if you look closely you'll see that the bridge doesnt line up at all.. not even with the pickup thats less than an inch away

terrible quality control
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
i got it maybe a month ago used.
the nut is fine, all the cuts are equal and straight.

so if it is the bridge, is it possible to fix or am i just going to have to live with it?
well anything can be fixed. somethings are just much hard than others.
i see what you're saying now, with the angle being worse as you get closer to the bridge.

ok, off the top, i guess i would start looking for some sort of compensated saddle.
perhaps something that will slightly change the string contact point.
Are the saddles Lined up correctly? are they angled or closer to the high e side?

that would actually be a good thing. (maybe they drilled the saddle holes wrong and not the bridge mount screws.)

if you can somehow keep the predrilled body holes, and, find a new hardtail bridge (not too expensive) with better saddle placement,
then you don't have to worry about mounting a different bridge.

also as the string comes up thru the back of the guitar is that in line or off-center to where the saddle / string contact point is?

can you get a better direct overhead closeup of the bridge?

so it's further from the edge.

is the hole where the string emerges from the rear of the guitar, directly under
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by jj1565

Are the saddles Lined up correctly? are they angled or closer to the high e side?

do you mean i should be looking for this in a new bridge?

..and the hole where string comes up through the back of the guitar is worse off line. the saddle is moving the string over into a better position
It sounds like they drilled bad holes and tried to fix it but didnt..

but as said earlier try out a compensated bridge for it and see if that works. if worst happens new holes must be drilled to install another bridge. if thats possible to do with the guitar. i cant tell because i dont know where the previous holes have been drilled.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
alright, hopefully it wont end up being too brutal
ill probably go to the shop tomorrow

thanks everyone!
The neck could be misaligned. My squier came with a shim against the edge of the heel to push the neck into alignment. Its not hard to fix loosen the strings, then the neck screws a little, pull the neck into alignment then tighten the screws again.

If this is the issue then it will bring the strings in alignment w the pickups also.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Dec 4, 2009,