He's been searching for ages, so I've decided to make this to help him. He wants to spend under £200, and I think he's fine with second hand, and really under £150 would be excellent.

He likes the cherry burst ones (they do look very nice) so anyway, post your ideas for what he could get here?

Thanks,
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
you mean hollow body?
look at the squier telecaster thinline
A semi for under £200? Been looking long has he? Not surprising. You might find a Westfield or some odd cheapo brand but you'll be lucky to find anything playable at that price, even on ebay. They just cost so much more to make than a solid.
£300 will get an Ellis Hollow Mantis. A mate of mine had one and he is delighted with it. It looks and plays like the PRS its almost modeled on. Vintage brand Semis start at around £425 list so about £325 in the shops.
Even the Squier Tele Thinline is around £250 and would benefit from a pair of pups for another 50 quid.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Epiphone Dot Studio on Gak for £195
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-dot-studio/12007

Haven't tried the studio myself, but own the standard and absolutely love it.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain