hey, so i've been writting songs for almost 6 months now, and as of latly i feel like im stuck. even when i first started i never really got inspired to write a song, i jsut sat down and wrote w/e came to mind atm, but its getting harder and harder to write.

so what i want to know is what does every1 else do to get inspired? i jsut go to school then work then home, and thats my day really, so its pretty boring with nothing interesting to write about going on there. and i've written some (i think) good songs by jsut doing w/e, but i know truly good songs you have to be inspired to write.

so if any1 can give me some kind of advice, it would be greatly appriciated
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
I can relate, I feel like I've hit a similar sort of writer's block. I wrote loads during the summer and now I can barely think of anything, and that which I do come up with feels kind of generic. The only real advice I can think of is to listen to as much new music as possible and every so often you will come across something that really inspires you and makes you want to write something like it.
thanks reagar. ya, it sucks. your right about the things that ou do come up with feel generic. i feel latly that im writing the same song over and over again with different words (if im lucky lol). idk, a month or so ago i took a 2 week break from writing and then i wrote a few good songs after that. so maybe ill just do that and focus more on bass (like i should be anyway) lol
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
yea man thats like writers block.... i say just write a little blog about anything in your day that was weird.... like write about a tomatoe and how it exploded when u sqeezed it. idk i can write about anything
thanks meta, i might give that a try

~Zanascross

XD epic win
Well when you got writers block, you got to look for and think about your inspiration. Just think about something that is special to you or something that has extra meaning to you specifically. Picking things you feel strongly for/about is a really good cure (in my experience) for writers block.

Also it's a little off topic, but I really like your signature.
lol, thx. i thought it was really funny so i just put it there =p and thx for the advice.

and i like yur signiture to, i wanna try and b a bassist/singer/lyricist to lol

~Zanascross

XD epic win
i get inspired when ever i'm walking,drinking,eating, starring at the sky, talking to people. It depends on how you take everything. inspiration comes from experiences. that's all i can tell you. Write about what you feel,memories, what's going on. Things that happen to you, or what you want to happen. It all depends on whats your forte. All i can tell you for now is. Good luck man. It takes time to write. The longer you spend, the better it sounds. You don't need to rhyme. Rhyming comes from delivery (melody of the song)
thx andrew, thigs are starting to start coming back to me, especially since im starting up a band nd it so far starting to look good =D

~Zanascross

XD epic win