Well this might sound weird, but I'd like to start a progressive death metal band with some trance/dark trance added in. I'm very familiar with the progressive death metal side, but not so much with the trance (saw infected mushroom live though, who were awesome).

I listen to a lot of metal, but for the progressive side specifically btbam, cynic, mastodon, opeth, scale the summit, animals as leaders, etc.

Hopefully the music will be pretty original, but if i had to classify the sound i'm going for, i would basically want it to have the progressiveness of cynic/scale the summit/animals as leaders along with the trance vibes of infected mushroom and other groups like them (and a bit of the brutal/melodic parts of btbam).

I'll handle all guitar aspects. I'm at a very advanced level (please don't take that as bragging, just advertising) and would hope to find band members who are themselves advanced musically.

So, I'm not quite sure what would be needed in this band, but i know i at least need a keyboardist who can do crazy trance stuff. That person would have to be very skilled as the trance aspect is a major component of the music. Drums/drum programming is also necessary (but i think there should be some electronic rhythmic affects added in too). Possibly bass. If you're skilled and interested, don't hesitate to post a reply

Edit: For online or real band, either way.
Last edited by MustaKuura at Dec 4, 2009,
Come on 38 views and no one is slightly interested? Did i come off too serious or is the concept to weird
I think no one is responding due to your need for "advanced" players, which inevitably makes me think you need people at the skill level of Necrophagist musicians.

Anyways, I can help you out with the synth elements. Will you be composing in guitar pro? I will be programming in Guitar Pro personally, so working with it would be pretty good to get this to go smoothly. I can also work with drums and other various sound effects, ranging from realistic orchestras to crazy trance shit as you desire.

Also, what kind of vocals are you looking for? I can handle them pretty well if you so desire. I'm always working on my vocal range, but I typically like being in the mid-slightly high range. Heres a demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjgyUzofSE
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I have Drumkit from Hell, and a variety of synthesizer VST plug-ins, so I can program quite a few different things.
Quote by Ulalume
I think no one is responding due to your need for "advanced" players, which inevitably makes me think you need people at the skill level of Necrophagist musicians.

Anyways, I can help you out with the synth elements. Will you be composing in guitar pro? I will be programming in Guitar Pro personally, so working with it would be pretty good to get this to go smoothly. I can also work with drums and other various sound effects, ranging from realistic orchestras to crazy trance shit as you desire.

Also, what kind of vocals are you looking for? I can handle them pretty well if you so desire. I'm always working on my vocal range, but I typically like being in the mid-slightly high range. Heres a demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjgyUzofSE

Guitar pro for all compositions. Right now, i have like 1/3 of my riffs in guitar pro so i can send you that and see if you're interested. I also have a video to prove my worthiness (sorry for the bad effect). Any vocals will fit, so i'm fine with the black metal style vox. All synth aspects can be used in this project, just as long as we get some crazy trance in there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/leonroque#p/a/u/2/cKSkVSlaF-4

i'm on the left, and fast forward to 2:17 if you want to hear the "advanced" part of the song. After christmas i'll have an interface so i'll actually be able to record decend sounding guitar parts. Hit me up on messenger: alex.the1@hotmail.com

Edit: and maybe Das_Skittles can handle the drum parts. Could you add in stuff ranging between death metal drumming and trance beats?
Last edited by MustaKuura at Dec 6, 2009,
I can certainly program death metal drums. I'll have to mess around a bit with the EQ on Ezdrummer to see if I can get a good electronic drum sound, but that shouldn't be too hard.