I'm sure this has been posted countless times before, but I really hate the search function on these forums... It's like if you don't type in precisely the search query it wants, you get 37 pages of threads unrelated to what you want to know...

anyway, my question is this...

I bought a used triple rectifier a few months ago, and the guy told me it still had the original tubes in it. Those tubes are now probably 3 1/2 years old. I was considering swapping out all the 6L6's with fresh glass just for peace of mind basically... This, however, is my first tube amp, and I have no idea what tube brands are "good"

I looked at the mesa branded tubes, but they were about $50 each... that's a bit outside of my budget at the moment, so anyone have any suggestions for tubes that are a bit cheaper?

thanks!
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
JJs. i hear nothing but good things. my locxal tech uses only JJs. I'll be outfitting my windsor with JJs along with my VOX ac100 when i get it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
+1 to JJ's
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
are JJ's and eurotubes the same thing ? the eurotubes website has links to JJ electronics suggesting they are the same company... do any retailers carry JJ's, or are they mail order only ?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes