Hey all!

So I'm looking for a new guitar, preferably Ibanez, and almost every good one I see has a floating trem. To be honest, I can't be doing with the hassle of a trem, and I wouldn't use it enough to warrant having it, so I'm wanting a fixed bridge. However, they're hard to find >_<

PREFERABLY NOT ACTIVE PICKUPS,
And about £300?

My guitar teacher put a clothes peg in a guitar of his with a trem (I think a Schecter?) and that worked fine I suppose, would that work as a resort at the very least?

Thank you for your time

P.S.: I'd also like to stray from black, if that's possible

Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Last edited by ponnightingale at Dec 4, 2009,
Purple is indeed badass - but so is red. Hmm...

I'm looking it up, but opinion wise, how is it to play, and for the price it is (about £300 it seems) how does it live up?

Thanks man

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Only problem I see with the RGT6 is if you're going to spend that much, buy a Prestige. It also has actives which he doesn't want.

I guess they don't do many fixed Prestiges though, if any.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by ponnightingale
Purple is indeed badass - but so is red. Hmm...

I'm looking it up, but opinion wise, how is it to play, and for the price it is (about £300 it seems) how does it live up?

Thanks man

I love it personally, it plays like any other RG I guess, you should probably try one first, any RG will give you a good idea.
I could always get the RGR421EXFM and replace the bridge pickup with a Rockmonkey? Or is it more complicated replacing active pickups?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Have you considered the Ibanez Artist series? They're quite different to the usual RG's and S series, but Jesus Christ on a bike, are they good.

Having tried a whole bunch of Ibanez guitars, I was beginning to think that most of them were let down by crappy pickups and unbalanced tone. This one proved me wrong. Awesome guitar, but then it might not be your thing if you're looking for RG's
Quote by ponnightingale
I could always get the RGR421EXFM and replace the bridge pickup with a Rockmonkey? Or is it more complicated replacing active pickups?

The 421 uses V7/V8 passives