Page 1 of 5
Because I honestly thought it was on par (if not better) than COD4. All I've ever heard is negative comments about this gem.

Please, explain yourself, WAW haters.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I thought it was good, not as good as COD4 and definately not MW2, but still good.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

ever heard of an opinion? yeah, that.

i thought it was good, by the way.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Tanks were my main problem with it.

And the glitchy online it took them 2 months to fix.
After making a brilliant modern shooter, something that doesn't come around very often, they decided to make yet another WWII shooter in a market that's so over saturated with them that it's almost repulsing.

No thank you, good sir. I would much rather take MW over WAW.
i like world at war a LOT better than modern warfare 1/2. the MW games are just more of the same imo, and world at war is a very well-done WWII FPS.

NAZI ZOMBIES
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by archangels666
After making a brilliant modern shooter, something that doesn't come around very often, they decided to make yet another WWII shooter in a market that's so over saturated with them that it's almost repulsing.

No thank you, good sir. I would much rather take MW over WAW.

remember, call of duty split into two different devs (or something like that) with different plans on call of duty. also, world at war was in the pacific, which many games have not ventured too far into.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

and let it be known"
he provided assurance
I thought it was good (still have it for PS3, and I usually trade in most games), but like several other people mentioned, releasing it around the same time as MW was not a smart move on the maker's part.
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by Unourrit01
campers. ****ing campers

you really can't use that as a point.. because every single online fps is filled with campers, so..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Battlefield > CoD
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
because it wasn't made by infinity ward.

And it was just another WWII FPS... WWII has been done... at least 30 other times, going from modern to WWII again...
Quote by gavincandance
ever heard of an opinion? yeah, that.

i thought it was good, by the way.

Opinions are backed up by reasons and evidence- these are precisely what I'm trying to find out.

I'm sure you understood that when you first posted, prick.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by MangoStarr
you really can't use that as a point.. because every single online fps is filled with campers, so..

no but i can because cod is the only online shooter i play.
good game but the online was ****ed and lagged loads on both PS3 and Xbox, even guns seemed to change how powerful they were depending on where you decided to stand
I thought it was good... personally, i liked everything about MW except for the ridiculous blood splatters that came out whenever you shot anyone. Just my opinion though.

Oh yes and MW2 pwns all by far.

EDIT: I liked the lack of the blood splatters in WaW more... just realized my post was not very clear lol
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Dec 4, 2009,
Has anyone here played MW2? opinions? im thinking of buying it.
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
Quote by gavincandance
remember, call of duty split into two different devs (or something like that) with different plans on call of duty. also, world at war was in the pacific, which many games have not ventured too far into.
Bingo, Infinity Ward developed MW, Treyarch WaW.

It's all part of EA's plan to turn COD into a yearly franchise by having the 2 devs release games in alternate years.

Basically milk it dry.
Quote by IwantaTele

MW2 was great... except after buying it, my Xbox Red ringed after 5 minutes of playing, and then my PS3 (original launch 60 gig) Yellow lighted... after playing it for maybe a week...

It was great online and the campaign... except it broke my two systems.
Quote by IwantaTele

Best $60 I've spent in a while. If you're a fan of shooters and/or the other CoDs, buy it.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's all part of EA's plan to turn COD into a yearly franchise by having the 2 devs release games in alternate years.

Basically milk it dry.

Oh, you mean like everything else EA touches and subsequently ruins?
Quote by hellbound_jonny
Opinions are backed up by reasons and evidence- these are precisely what I'm trying to find out.

I'm sure you understood that when you first posted, prick.

uhm, you're asking "waw haters" what problems they have with the game. everyone will have a different "opinion" on it. a few posts above this, someone said "campers" as a reason (which isn't a very good one, i might add).

in case you still don't understand :

guy #1 : i don't like the level design but i like the weapons. i still hate the game.
guy #2 : i think the level design is good, but world war II doesn't interest me.
guy #3 : dis game sux.

and so on, and so forth. everyone who doesn't enjoy the game has their own reasons for not enjoying it. in case you still don't get it, take something you like about the game and choose the opposite to possibly explain someone else's reason for not liking world at war.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by ep1kz
i like world at war a LOT better than modern warfare 1/2. the MW games are just more of the same imo, and world at war is a very well-done WWII FPS.

NAZI ZOMBIES

olololol
It thought it was fucking awesome to be honest, especially the Reichstag mission. Although getting through the front courtyard and destroying the Flak 88's took me ages.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by KirkMetallica
I thought it was good, not as good as COD4 and definately not MW2, but still good.

This man speakseth truth.

Anyway, enjoy your game, not others opinions..
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Call of Duty originated as a Medal of Honor ripoff, and, in my opinion, is grossly overrated as a franchise. They're not bad games, but they bring absolutely nothing that wasn't done better before, either. I play them and can't figure out what all the fuss is about.
Quote by archangels666
Oh, you mean like everything else EA touches and subsequently ruins?
Yeah, pretty much.
i think WAW was worse then the other cods cuz WWII has been done many many times and it wasnt the same company that made it.
i only like the nazi zombies
Quote by freedoms_stain

Basically milk it dry.

Fail.
Quote by mental_zer0
olololol

yeah because a modern day fps has never been done

im pretty sure the market is more oversaturated with fps games set in the present day as opposed to WWII based ones. the only games i can think of are world at war and medal of honor games. and battlefield 1942 but thats pretty old
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Last edited by ep1kz at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by freedoms_stain

Basically milk it dry.

I thought Activision did CoD. Not EA...
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by ep1kz
yeah because a modern day fps has never been done

im pretty the market is more oversaturated with fps games set in the present day as opposed to WWII based ones. the only games i can think of are world at war and medal of honor games. and battlefield 1942 but thats pretty old

That's because they've finally been dying out recently. Not too many years ago, there were so many that it was impossible to walk into a game store without seeing one.

Modern shooters have been pretty common lately, but they're usually way too tactical and don't have such good multiplayer (A la everything Tom Clancy puts his name on).

And if there's anything Halo has taught us, it's that good online play will make or break a game. And COD definitely has that.
Quote by Vampire 255
I thought Activision did CoD. Not EA...
You're quite right sir, my apologies.

Although both companies have pretty much the same philosophy on that front.
It was alright. I got it. Sort of played through the campaign on Vet. Got stuck at the Reichstag thought **** this and played Nazi Zombies for abit. But then it started to fail at connecting to NZ matches and would take up to an hour to connect. So I went back to playing MW. Which had an infinitely better multiplayer. Although I found the story for MW far more engrossing and I felt attached to the characters far more than I did in W@W
Personal preference I guess.
Also shouldn't this be in the Gaming Thread?
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
@ EP1kz: Fail. WWII Games are much more common than modern war games, at least when it comes to first-person shooters

Examples:
Medal of Honor (12 WWII Games)
COD (7 WWII Games)
Battlefield (2 WWII Games)
The Wolfenstein series (5 WWII Games)
Brothers in Arms (6 WWII Games)

Thats 32 games without even trying. The list is much longer. Trust us, there are more WWII games than modern war
They say that in the army, the food is mighty fine.
The chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine.

Oh lord, I want to go home.
But they won't let me go-o
Ho-oho-ohohahohohome. Hey!
Page 1 of 5