Another successive sporting thread by me (after searching). Amir Khan faces unbeaten Salita for the WBO Light Welterweight title. What are your predictions? Personally, I'm favouring Khan massively because the opponents he's faced are a huge step above Salita's. That knockout by Prescott was a flaw in Khan's game from what he rightfully calls "a mistake" in the ring. I'm willing to bet if there was a rematch, Khan would win that too by points.
However - keep in mind that the fight is at 140lbs and Khan's only fought at that level in his most recent one (the others mostly being at 135lbs). In contrast, Salita's been fighting at 145lbs so there are weight issues.

If Khan wins this, hopefully it will get him to the US.

On an aside: Never thought Pacquiao would win at 147lbs. I thought Cotto would knock him out with his body shots during the sixth round - how wrong was I. Cotto isn't damaged goods from the Antonio fight though. I want a rematch.

Also on another aside: Marquez has accepted a proposal by Hatton to fight next year. What is Hatton thinking? He's done for - last impressive thing he really ever did was fight Tszyu but I hate his style.

Another aside #3: David Haye won against Valuev. Thank God - heavyweight boxing can be interesting again. Hayemaker is a great boxer and his "insults" only aimed to get Valuev angry - he's really a nice guy and Valuev fell for it.
As for the Klitschko's - David to take both out in the future. Hopkins' proposal to fight Hayemaker won't come through - not least until one of the brothers has been beaten.

Thoughts?

Quote by StewieSwan
So is there a point to this thread or what?

You must be dull.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 4, 2009,
So is there a point to this thread or what?

You must be dull.

Yes obviously. That's why this thread is so big.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by identityxcrysis
Wait, this isn't about Backyard Baseball?

yeah i'm ****ing lost, achmed pwns amir though, btw. but no matter what backyard game, pick pablo sanchez.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Well that was pathetic - 76 seconds, 1st round and Salita was stopped.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius

Amir lost?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Amir lost?

Quote by bbc
Amir Khan needed just 76 seconds to defeat Dmitriy Salita in the first defence of his WBA light-welterweight title in Newcastle.

Salita was floored by a lightning-fast left-right combination after just 10 seconds and never recovered.

Quote by Harmonius

I took that as, he was stopped because he was winning...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
NO VERSUS THREADS!

But kidding aside, boxing, eh?
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Quote by Venice King
I took that as, he was stopped because he was winning...

lol

First round "stoppage"

/boxing talk.

He was stopped in the first round from fighting by the referee because there was no chance of him winning after taking a barrage of shots to the head. It was evident that he could not take anymore.

Well, there goes his unbeat record of 30 wins and 1 draw. To be honest, Salita's opponents had no class and that is why he was inexperienced.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm glad I knew better than to pay for this. Salita is a bum with a padded record. My brother paid to watch it though lol.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"