Hey guys, Idk if this goes here, but its not "guitar" gear, so I wouldn't think it would fit in that forum either.

Anyways, here's my question. I am a college piano major and I need a decent practice keyboard for my dorm (for when its too damn cold or I'm too lazy to walk to the music building to practice on the real ones). I am NOT performing on it, I am simply practicing on it. Because of this, I need a piano which replicates the "feel" of an acoustic as much as possible, I don't care as much about the sound (cause I'm mainly just gonna be hammering out notes from the music in my dorm, then doing the touch/sound on real pianos since every real piano sounds different).

So, anyone know of one that fits this description that a guy could get on a college-student budget?
Look into digital pianos if you're only looking for a piano sound. Just about every decent keyboard these days has velocity-controlled keys, so dynamics shouldn't be an issue, but you'll want something with weighted keys to get the piano feel.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, since I'm more of a synth guy. Look at keyboards by all the major manufacturers: Yamaha, Roland, Korg, etc., compare their features and prices, and read reviews on Harmony Central to get a good idea of what you want. If all else fails, go to a keyboard forum and ask them. They'll be of more help than UG could ever be.
All you need really is 88 velocity-sensitive weighted keys.
Go into a store and try them out. That's the only way you're going to find the right one.
Brands to check out: Kawai, Williams, Roland.
MATTERHORN