Okay, figured this would be the best place to post this so here it goes. I've got a Dean ZX guitar right now and I've been looking at getting either another guitar or putting new pickups in my Dean. I don't really want to spend a whole lot of money, so keep that in mind with your answers.

here's the guitar I've been looking at: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-1966-G-400-Reissue-Electric-Guitar-512593-i1371744.gc

I played one at my local GC and I really liked to tone I got out of it, I play doom and stoner metal (Black Sabbath, Sleep, High on Fire, etc.) and I just haven't been able to get the right sound with my Dean. which is why I was thinking about just putting new pickups in it, which could be a cheaper alternative to buying another guitar.

Would it be worth putting new pickups in the Dean? (if so, suggestions)

Or should I buy the epiphone?

and if I had the money for a Gibson I would do it, but I don't so I'm not.
id say go for the epi. you would have a wider variety of sounds ans two if one the guitars break you will be wishing you had a second.

i know i have... thrice..
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I really like the g-400s. Ive never played on the 66 reissue, but i think they look better. Try it! I wanted to upgrade my pups in my first guitar. I decided it against and im glad i did. I appreciate a new guitar so much more. I think you will too
well to be truthful, this is not my first guitar. It's actually about my 3rd electric. my first I traded for college books, my second I got when I was 14 (a Dean MLX). The ZX is just what I play primarily.