I need to hear some other people getting hurt stories. while re-wiring my ibanez this minutes the soldering iron rolled off and laid on my elbow for a few seconds yummy smell with the sizzle of fresh skin. hurts like hell.
While I was building my PC, I screwed my finger into the graphics card slot. Wait, no I didn't. I'm careful.
does piercing my thumb with the end of my high E-string count?

had to pull it out for a gruelling 1/4 inch. Hurts like a mofo
no, cuz I know how to use power tools
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I too am a failure..been single for 2 years..i hate myself
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
i was jamming with my friend and he dropped his pick, so he bent down to pick it up and somehow the loose end of his string went into an electrical outlet and electrocuted him. sparks everywhere it was awesome as hell.
Accidently stapled my thumb, hurt a bit.

The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
ah, thats not too bad. when i first changed the pups in one of my guitars, i didnt know how to check if the soldering iron was hot. so i did the 1st thing that came to mind... i touched the soldering iron.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by QAZAR
i was jamming with my friend and he dropped his pick, so he bent down to pick it up and somehow the loose end of his string went into an electrical outlet and electrocuted him. sparks everywhere it was awesome as hell.

That's why you cut them + it just makes you look sloppy/lazy.

Well, times I've dinged my guitar of things, or walked into things...
One time I was running along the side of a building and looked to one of my friends, while doing this my head connected with a rather large metal box sticking out the side of the building.

I walked around for a good few hours with a fair amount of blood on my face, got some funny looks.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by QAZAR

I am never going to put off cutting the ends of my strings off again.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
I almost grabbed the wrong end of a soldering pencil, that was a wake-up call to pay a little more attention
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by slunkparade_69
I too am a failure..been single for 2 years..i hate myself

That made me feel better i got teh poonz last week.
Last edited by matt s at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by Consort BV
does piercing my thumb with the end of my high E-string count?

had to pull it out for a gruelling 1/4 inch. Hurts like a mofo

It should comfort you to know that just reading that made me flinch my arm back in pain.
Once, while eating some hot pepper (with my hands), I got an itch in my eye. Half an hour later it was still red and stinging (my eye, not the pepper).
I was using the broiler in my oven a few years ago, and part of my index finger touched it. It gave me a very small third-degree burn. I don't think I'll ever feel more pain than that burn, unless I get a bigger one of the same severity or worse.
Quote by crazy8rgood
It should comfort you to know that just reading that made me flinch my arm back in pain.

Seems odd, but it kinda does comfort me. I'm weird that way
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You think a soldering iron is a power tool...?

Last I checked a soldering iron is a tool that requires power.
Whilst having a bonfire, I wanted to see how hot it was (not long after the fire had started)
I felt the bottom and it was still cool, felt the top and *sizzle* my hand hurt.

Edit: Bonfire in a bin, I didn't decide to grab the fire like a retarded cat.
Last edited by hobson111 at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You think a soldering iron is a power tool...?

power tool:
50% power
50% tool

uhh... yep
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by matt s
That made me feel better i got teh poonz last week.

Sir, just because I have been single..doesn't mean I dont get any
In the two years of loneliness, I have gotten more than I ever did with a girlfriend..I am just ready to find someone to commit to..and the search is proving itself to be rather difficult
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
I had just changed my strings, and you know how they are sharp as hell right after you've clipped the excess length off?

I bumped my hand into my low E, and got cut, but also managed to get a little piece of metal with me into the wound. An abscess formed, walked around with it for about 2 weeks until I removed it myself, through furiously digging for it in my wound.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by QAZAR

Id love to see that video...
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by Holy Katana
I was using the broiler in my oven a few years ago, and part of my index finger touched it. It gave me a very small third-degree burn. I don't think I'll ever feel more pain than that burn, unless I get a bigger one of the same severity or worse.

ಠ_ಠ
A third degree burn is something you get from getting struck by lightning, so I find that very hard to believe.
Also, I was helping my sister fix the door to her wardrobe, and I told her to hold it for a second. She "clumsily" let go, and it fell on my foot. I broke a finger and had to tear away my nail through the skin and flesh to avoid infection. Then came the part of putting on bandages with antibiotic cream on and getting them off after they got stuck to the wound (thus peeling it, opening it up again). It still didn't fully grow, and I might have to take it out and start anew (it was about a year ago).
once i was grilling and a hot coal fell on the floor it didnt look to hot so pick it up with my calloused hand so it didnt burn until it was to late the coal was so hot it became stuck to my fingers and i tryed to pull it of with my other hand and that burned when i finally got it of my finger tips i was missing part of it and i couldnt use them for almost a month without feeling incredible pain
At first I read rewiring as restringing for some reason, and I was wondering why the hell you were using a soldering iron to restring a guitar
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
When I was installing a AXL EMG humbucker into a crap Plexy glass V I had a crap sodering iron and I kept melting the sides of the guitar, it looked horrible , but played awesome.

But, a better one is that on my BMX bike when I was young I tried to do a front flip off a ramp, ended up doing a land flat on top of my head kinda flip. I did it twice in a row. Haha, I wasent the brightest kid.
Quote by jimmyled
ಠ_ಠ
A third degree burn is something you get from getting struck by lightning, so I find that very hard to believe.
Also, I was helping my sister fix the door to her wardrobe, and I told her to hold it for a second. She "clumsily" let go, and it fell on my foot. I broke a finger and had to tear away my nail through the skin and flesh to avoid infection. Then came the part of putting on bandages with antibiotic cream on and getting them off after they got stuck to the wound (thus peeling it, opening it up again). It still didn't fully grow, and I might have to take it out and start anew (it was about a year ago).

No, you'd get worse than third degree if you got struck by lightning. There are worse burns than third degree.

My skin in that small spot was completely charred. I'd say that's a third degree burn.
Quote by TechnoLp
Id love to see that video...

i wish i filmed it. it would be a ****in viral phenomenon.

it was that awesome.
Quote by Holy Katana
No, you'd get worse than third degree if you got struck by lightning. There are worse burns than third degree.

My skin in that small spot was completely charred. I'd say that's a third degree burn.

Warning!!! The following pictures are not for the weak of heart (but are shown purely for academic reasons, so shouldn't be counted as gore)!
This is a second degree burn. Was it worse than that? This is a week old 3rd degree burn. Also, there are 4th and 5th degree burns, but they aren't technical terms, and are considered part of 3rd degree burns.
Last edited by jimmyled at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by jimmyled
Warning!!! The following pictures are not for the weak of heart (but are shown purely for academic reasons, so shouldn't be counted as gore)!
This is a second degree burn. Was it worse than that? This is a week old 3rd degree burn. Also, there are 4th and 5th degree burns, but they aren't technical terms, and are considered part of 3rd degree burns.
ooh, that looks like it stings...