Page 1 of 2
I facebooked him to ask if he was up for practice tomorrow and he said "actually I'm quitting, nothing personal I just don't like the style of music"

wtf? he went to two practices and was learning the songs. could have mentioned that sooner dude.

this is the second bassist we've gone through... the other one quit via text message.

anyone else have really lame quitting experiences?
inb4 bassists don't matter anyway ololol
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Do band practice anyways. I bet you don't hear any difference without him.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I quit an old band once to join this other band. The first band just wasn't working out. When I told them they pushed me to the floor and proceeded to kick the shit out of me. Then, in the new band I was originally the drummer. First they decided to kick me off drums and put me on bass, which I was okay with, but then they decided to just kick me out altogether. I guess I'm just un-fucking-lucky.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I quit an old band once to join this other band. The first band just wasn't working out. When I told them they pushed me to the floor and proceeded to kick the shit out of me. Then, in the new band I was originally the drummer. First they decided to kick me off drums and put me on bass, which I was okay with, but then they decided to just kick me out altogether. I guess I'm just un-fucking-lucky.
Or you suck.

One of the two.
Quote by PhillyHendrix

What the ****?

I hope you beat the shit out of them later. I mean seriously.....
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by bonesofghosts
I facebooked him to ask if he was up for practice tomorrow and he said "actually I'm quitting, nothing personal I just don't like the style of music"

wtf? he went to two practices and was learning the songs. could have mentioned that sooner dude.

this is the second bassist we've gone through... the other one quit via text message.

anyone else have really lame quitting experiences?

I think after the second practice it is pretty soon?..

Assasination is always an option
im thinking of quitting my band right now, and im a bass player.

are you gonne shoot me?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Or you suck.

One of the two.

if you get kicked out its because you suck or because your a douche. sorry. truth hurts.
Quote by loudog93
if you get kicked out its because you suck or because your a douche. sorry. truth hurts.

Or the person kicking you out is
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by faint_spirit
What the ****?

I hope you beat the shit out of them later. I mean seriously.....

Well, they are still close friends of mine, and I know they were just kind of messing with me. Mostly because one of our running jokes between us was that I was the skinniest one of us and quite obviously the weakest. Still though, some of those kicks were pretty hard.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

OH NO, A Whole 2 practises.

what is the world coming tooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*suicide*

oO0Oo
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by fly fly fly
i hate you guys and your bassist jokes...

*dunlop wah*
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

i just said it was lame, i didn't say it was the end of the world.

and we haven't had practice for a couple weeks, so i just feel like he could have said something sooner. i doubt he came to the realization that he didn't like our music the second before i messaged him.
Quote by zchavez09
excuse him for giving it a try before saying he didnt like it

This, dont be a little bitch TS, he went to TWO PRACTICES, you act as if he had been a part of the band for 2 years. He decided to give you guys a try, then decided he didnt want to continue to make the kind of music you were making. You cant blame him for having his own musical taste, one thats not exactly like yours.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Apparently your music isn't that great (or style rather) and you're too whiney to talk to in person....just being honest with you.

I'm doing you a solid, man...
*visit TS profile*

*sees fave artists*

I'da left too
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

actually we don't sound anything like most of my favourite artists. we're progressive metal with elements of black metal, nu-metal, and post-rock.
I'm a bassist in a band, & I was thinking of quiting... But I thought, if I do that, I probably won't actually get anywhere else by myself, seeing as though, I'm relatively lazy & keep forgetting to ask people to jam & things
Quote by freedoms_stain
Or you suck.

One of the two.

Yeah, maybe. I'm nowhere near as good as I'd like to be.

Although, the only people in the band who ever actually did anything was the lead guitarist, (who was the one who proposed the idea to kick me out in the first place), and me. The Rhythm Guitarist never showed up for practice, and the drummer never helped write. I thought we actually had something going, and we always had some fun at practices. I don't really get what went wrong.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by bonesofghosts
actually we don't sound anything like most of my favourite artists. we're progressive metal with elements of black metal, nu-metal, and post-rock.
I'd have still left.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

If I was your bassist I would've bailed on you right before a gig. For shits and giggles.
Quote by bonesofghosts

Elements of nu metal, post rock, and black metal? Not to be a prick but i woulda bounced too that sounds like a ****ed up mix
uh, 2 practices is NOTHING in terms of a band's 'life span'
and if your bassist doesnt like that kind of music why should he be forced to play it?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
TS you know there's a forum where you can go and bitch about stuff like this.

Now GTFO and go to the relationship thread.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by !BEN!
Lol our bassist doesnt even learn the songs, he turns up, puts his bass on realllly quiet and tries to copy my hand movements, we love him for it :p

i don't learn songs either and i do the same thing

except i crank it up and rock the **** out

seriously, i've never learned any song before and it's never been an issue
Quote by Led Pepplin
I'd have still left.

same 'ere
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by PhillyHendrix
Well, they are still close friends of mine, and I know they were just kind of messing with me. Mostly because one of our running jokes between us was that I was the skinniest one of us and quite obviously the weakest. Still though, some of those kicks were pretty hard.

Sounds hilarious
Page 1 of 2