I just had this thought about the saying about spending time. If you think about it our money is the main currency we have. Most people work off a time basis, be it annual, or hourly it all comes back to time. The money we have shows how much time we put into having money.

I feel like a lot of people don't see this and see money as the ultimate currency because it's tangible, so they spend all their time working for money which in all reality means nothing. I feel like all we have, that no one should be able to take away from us is time.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by ShallowEndings
Its just a saying..

Yeah I understand that, but the thing is in order to get money you have to put your time into a job, and how you spend your time is ultimately where your happiness is. I don't know how to explain it because I'm super depressed right now, but I could make ti make sense if I were in a better mood.
Why did you feel the need to share that with us?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
You can't give someone time in exchange for goods or a service. I see what you are getting at though.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Basically what I'm trying to say is that you get money by putting your time into something, like say an hourly wage, you get paid 7.25 an hour. I feel like it would show up more accurate when comparing economic climates of different eras by using time, by saying like in order to buy a house in the 30's to X hours vs. buying a house in the 00's took Y hours, instead of dollars because time isn't going to change like a dollar amount does.
Quote by itchy guitar
You can't give someone time in exchange for goods or a service. I see what you are getting at though.

In the big picture you can though, because in the big picture you exchange your time for tangible dollars, which you exchange for goods and services.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah I understand that, but the thing is in order to get money you have to put your time into a job.

The point is, the employer is paying you to work for a certain amount of time. If your ****ing about, you still have the right to be paid. So in the end its costing the business because your not completing all tasks assigned.

Or was that what you meant?

EDIT: I think i'm way off, i'm just going to sit in the corner now
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Dec 4, 2009,
Joint, pass it.

And, hey, time = money. Everybody knows that.

EDIT: incase nobody gets my sense of humour, it was a joke.

I'm a funny guy.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Last edited by vampt at Dec 4, 2009,
My Father was a watchmaker. He abandoned that profession when Einstein discovered that time is relative.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50