Quick Question:

My band just recorded one track from a local music studio, un-contracted. We would like to get access to the Pro Tools files from the producer to take to a professional studio for mixing and mastering. Does the band have the rights to those tracks or does he have the right to refuse to release?
There is no reason why the producer would refuse to give you the tracks. Just make sure you pay him for his services and all is well.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
You have the rights to the tracks as you have not signed anything under contract saying he has control of them.
Is that your equipment? Is that your studio? Did you have him sign anything stating that everything done and collected during the time-span of your session including the audio and Pro Tools files belongs to you?
goddamn, just play as a band man.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
you are absolutely entitled to your own music as long as it isn't under a binding contract specifically saying that once recorded, he owns the masters
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Zaphikh
Is that your equipment? Is that your studio? Did you have him sign anything stating that everything done and collected during the time-span of your session including the audio and Pro Tools files belongs to you?

Beat me to it. Just make sure you paid for his service and you'll be ok.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
I'm not thoroughly well read in copyright laws, but regardless of format it's still your intellectual property the way I see it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!