Can I get a guitar tech to install a rectifier and bias in my pevy 5150, and how much will it cost me? I'm cluess with this shit
lol, your amp already has a rectifier.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I'll assume you're talking about a tube rectifier, as your amp already has a rectifier in it.

Short answer, no.

Long answer: Yes, but it will be very expensive and will require significant rebuilding of the power supply section. The issue is that rectifier tubes can only handle a certain size of initial filter capacitor, and the one in the 5150 is too large for any rectifier. You could replace it with a smaller cap, but then you're really messing with the amp's voicing and it will start to sound thin very quickly. There's also the issue of needing two rectifier tubes due to the output of that amp. There is really no place to put two rectifier tubes in that amp, so you'd have to mess around with layout. The whole thing would be a nightmare and you'd end up, at best, back where you started tonewise.
ok see I had no idea it already had a rec in it, I assuming the muddy tone is from my speakers. But I still think I need a bias
Quote by TJ_Blanchard
ok see I had no idea it already had a rec in it, I assuming the muddy tone is from my speakers. But I still think I need a bias

The 5150 is FAR from a muddy amp. Learn to EQ that beast. They can be tricky at first...and can be pretty touchy. Also, if you are using the stock Peavey cab, it could be that too.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
If you're having a tough time with muddyness, check to see that its not a weak connection from your cable or perhaps some wiring that is going inside the guitar.

otherwise.. a tube screamer is sometimes used to tighten up the gain channels.. but i personally have never heard any problems of muddyness in any 5150 that i've been exposed to. Try some different EQing like brendan suggested and try to pull back on the gain maybe..

what are your settings at now?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.