Ok, so I am looking at buying an electric organ soon. I know people run them through Ampeg tube heads, but I have another idea. Could I take a regular guitar head and run it through a bass cab? I couldn't run it through a normal guitar head and cab, because the speaker could not handle the low frequency, but the bass speaker does. So, could I run a guitar tube head through a bass cabinet and then run an organ through it?
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by guitarzephyr
Ok, so I am looking at buying an electric organ soon. I know people run them through Ampeg tube heads, but I have another idea. Could I take a regular guitar head and run it through a bass cab? I couldn't run it through a normal guitar head and cab, because the speaker could not handle the low frequency, but the bass speaker does. So, could I run a guitar tube head through a bass cabinet and then run an organ through it?

Yeah. I would think so. As long as cross check the frequencies and make sure that you don't play anything to high or low, which isn't generally a problem with bass speakers to begin with. But better be safe than sorry.

It would probably sound real nice and proper as well. Have you considered getting an Orange head instead? I know a couple of people who use Orange heads for stuff other than guitar.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

wait, you want to run a guitar AND an organ through 1 bass cab and how many cabs are we talking here total?

No, I don't think that's what he's saying.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Maybe I'm missing something here? Organ > amp > cab?

Right.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild