Hey guys, I was hoping you might be able to give me a hand with something... I'm trying to record a song on my classical guitar, but I'm having two problems. 1) When I record it, the volume is very quiet and I dont know how to give it a boost. 2) When I do record, it only plays from one speaker instead of both. How do I fix that?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
An M-Audio Fast Track and a Shure SM58 Beta
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
I dont remember exactly which it is, but one of the buttons on front of the fasttrack is pushed in or out and making you record in mono.
Yeah, its actually the only button... But its set to stereo
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
What are you recording with?

You have to set you i/o port for the right incoming channel
By default, most DAW's have it set to channel 1/2. Which in most default cases will record on oneside. Make sure you select the input from your recording program. If its 1st channel select 1. etc...
GarageBand usually initially detects the two inputs on my Duet and sets them up to record a single stereo track using both inputs; it's probably done the same with your Fast Track, so if you're only using one input, it's only recording one side of the stereo track, and consequently it plays one-sided.

On the right hand side of the window, when you have a "real instrument" track selected, you will see some config for your input channel. The "Input Source" field probably has something like "Stereo 1/2 (Fast Track)" or something selected. You want to change this to "Mono 1" or "Mono 2" depending on which channel you're using.