Well I've been playing guitar for aournd 6 months now. Since I've started playing I've only down picked and not alternate picked.

I was picking much faster just using downstrokes than I am now Alternate picking. I googeled this for a good hour but I can't find any good exercises on how to increase my alternate picking speed, so It'd be heldfull if you posted what you practice for it.

All help is apreciated.
ez just use a metronome. time your down strokes and upstrokes to the metronome, start slow then gradually increase when you're comfortable.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
how about you check out the exercises sticky
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Well alternate picking is just the same as downpicking with the extra stroke added. You might be tensing up when you're going down, which will actually give you less control and less freedom of movement to do the upstroke.

When you're doing it right you will know because alternate picking 4 notes per beat (semiquavers :P)is just as easy as downstrokes at 2 notes per beat (quavers :P).
Quote by Deep*Kick
how about you check out the exercises sticky

Seriously...do people just ignore the stickies to be annoying or something? Go there. You'll die before you run out of exercises.
Quote by Junior#1
Gilbert mutes with both hands. Palm muting and left hand muting. As for anchoring, he doesn't. He doesn't need to. After all, he's the creator of life, the universe, and everything.