Hello everyone,

So, I am in the process of buying my first tube amp--as a replacement for a starter park Line 6 Spider III--and I'm considering these options, and any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Fender: Either the Junior Pro, Blues Pro or Blues Deluxe (I'm buying ebay or craigslist, so all used. Price is a concern. Also a concern is size. I know the blues models are about 35 and 40lbs, not to mention I don't play gigs (yet--one day I might! wouldn't that be something!))

Or

Peavey: Classic 30

The type of music I play is, well, varied. I have a gibson les paul studio and love the crunching sounds of Page or Jack White, or anyone that can wail. I also like a good cleans blues tone. I also own a metal zone MT-2 pedal that I stole from my brother.

Again, any input would be fantastic!

Thanks lots,

Jordan

PS. Also, other amp suggestions would be appreciated. I know the ones I mentioned have very bluesy sounds to them. I'd love to spend in the mid to low 300s (used).
Last edited by JordanZZ at Dec 4, 2009,
Classic 30 all the way. I love Fender, but the Classic 30 just sounds better to me in that price range.

Also, try a Bugera V22 or V55, both great and in your price range. You may be able to pick up a Vox AC15 used in that range as well.
Im gonna second the Classic 30. Small, loud, blues machine. You really cant go wrong.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204